Community Forum

Remote control battery drain

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

Remote control battery drain

It appears to be losing about 10% battery life per week, without much use even. That equates to 2.5 month life. This is 10x faster than about every other remote I've ever used.

The remote apparently has a gyro that's always active, and lights activate whenever it's moved. Is there any way to disable that, for those who don't care about the feature and would prefer battery life?
Official Employee

Re: Remote control battery drain

zzz00, I've recently replaced the battery of my Voice remote and do not see the same drain. Do you also have a voice remote? Have you replaced the batteries? It sounds like you might be looking for a power save mode in the remote, but that is not available at this time.

Contributor

I also have the voice remote.  I haven't replaced the batteries.  The on-screen indicator started at 90% and now it says 60% after 3 weeks.

Regular Visitor

This is indeed a real problem. Since moving to the voice remote a year ago, I have to replace the batteries every 3 weeks or so. I use the remote for a couple of hours each evening. Otherwise it sits on the table all day. It's getting to be rather expensive for a remote.

Expert

@barryishnikov wrote:

This is indeed a real problem. Since moving to the voice remote a year ago, I have to replace the batteries every 3 weeks or so. I use the remote for a couple of hours each evening. Otherwise it sits on the table all day. It's getting to be rather expensive for a remote.

get a new remote, they are free at your Comcast store.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.