Community Forum

Remote app keeps crashing upon launching

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Remote app keeps crashing upon launching

I have an iPad 4 that has current upgrades.  The TV Remote app was working well yesterday morning.  However,as of last night and this morning it keeps crashing when I am trying to view it.  It appears to be loading and then shuts off to the main iPad screen.  

Is there a glitch?  I was going to un-install the app and reload from the cloud, but it says I will lose all my data.  I have unwatched items in my DVR manager that I would prefer not to lose at this time.

Any support and guidance will be appreciated.

Thanks

Sue

New Poster

Re: Remote app keeps crashing upon launching

I am having the same issue, any response yet?

New Poster

I spoke with phone support. . They had me delete the remote app only and go back to the App Store and grab it from the cloud. There was an upgrade bug. It fixed it like a champ! Hope this works for you. It did not interfere with the DVR Manager or other recordings. Just fixed the app.
New Poster

I had already tried to remove the app and re-install it on the ipad. It lets me log back in, it shows my dvr as being an eligible tv but then it immediately crashes and takes me back to the home screen.
Regular Contributor

You won't lose any DVR recordings or scheduled recordings by deleting and reinstalling the app.  Can you try to uninstall and reinstall again?

New Poster

Thanks, I uninstalled and reinstalled the app today and it seems to have helped. The app is no longer crashing upon opening, it recognizes my dvr as dvr1, and let's me select the local cable and shows me the channel listings. But it still offers no remote capabilities, I can't change any channels or schedule any recordings, any suggestions?
Regular Visitor

I've had the same issue over the past months, have uninstalled and reinstalled a number of times. The last couple weeks has been even worse. It's such a convenient app, when working. Very frustrating. Xfinity, we need some tech help here! 

Frequent Visitor

Same here. Didn't have this problem until I got X1. Please help. I am not able to read the guide since upgrading to X1. This was my savior. Now it's not functioning 

Contributor

Jeanob wrote:

Same here. Didn't have this problem until I got X1. Please help. I am not able to read the guide since upgrading to X1. This was my savior. Now it's not functioning 

Try signing out and signing in again. If that doesn't work (or you can't because the app is crashing), uninstall and reinstall the app. I had this happening with Facebook Messenger recently. Sometimes apps get stuck in a bad state.