Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Remote Control Batteries

New Poster

Remote Control Batteries

I have replaced the remote control 4 times and it seems that I get the same problem, the batteries keep dying.  I keep putting in new batteries (Energizer) into the remote control, it works fine for 2 weeks and then the remote control will only work on the Xfinity box for about a day but will not work the tv and then the remote control stops all together and I have to use my phone as a remote control.  I should not have to replace the batteries every 2 weeks because this is getting expensive.  Anyone else having problems with this new remote control that just came out less than 2 years ago?

Frequent Visitor

Re: Remote Control Batteries

Does the remote get warm when not being used?

How often do you use the remote?

Gold Problem Solver

In the past when people complained about this, the remote was usually defective. Stop off at a Comcast service center and have them give you a new remote. They give away new remotes for free.

Bloomington7 wrote:

I have replaced the remote control 4 times and it seems that I get the same problem, the batteries keep dying.  I keep putting in new batteries (Energizer) into the remote control, it works fine for 2 weeks and then the remote control will only work on the Xfinity box for about a day but will not work the tv and then the remote control stops all together and I have to use my phone as a remote control.  I should not have to replace the batteries every 2 weeks because this is getting expensive.  Anyone else having problems with this new remote control that just came out less than 2 years ago?

Official Employee

Bloomington7 wrote:

Below are some options where you can swap out your remote for another:

6503 Nicollet Ave

Richfield, MN 55423

MONDAY-SATURDAY: 9:00am-7:00pm
SUNDAY: 11:00am-5:00pm

4620 Excelsior Boulevard

St. Louis Park, MN 55416

MONDAY-SATURDAY: 9:00am-7:00pm
SUNDAY:11:00am-5:00pm

14404 Excelsior Blvd

Minnetonka, MN 55345

MONDAY-FRIDAY: 9:00am-7:00pm
SATURDAY: 9:00am-5:00pm
SUNDAY: closed

Other options include to call us at 1-800-COMCAST or chat online and we can get a replacement remote shipped to you.

https://www.comcastsupport.com/ChatEntry/Protected.aspx

New Poster

I ended up talking on chat with Xfinity and they said it was the voice activation that was using up the life of the batteries.  So I ended up going to the Xfinity place and they gave me a remote without voice activation.  We will see if this works.  Thank you for the help. Smiley Happy

Official Employee

Hi Bloomington, did swapping out the remote fix your issue?

Thank you

New Poster

I changed my batteries, and then I went back to the tv to see what the % showed and it still shows 20%.Why did it not show 100?

Expert

jldestiny2000 wrote:

I changed my batteries, and then I went back to the tv to see what the % showed and it still shows 20%.Why did it not show 100?

Have you "paired" your remote to the box?  

Expert
Moved:

New Poster

I am having the same problem with battery life with my remote control.  I not sure if posting here helps....comcast doesn't seem to respond to any concerns.....this is what happens when you have a monopoly.

Gold Problem Solver

As has been stated in this forum many times, if you have an X1 remote that has short battery life it is defective and needs to be replaced. Comcast service centers replace remotes for free...

Texas54 wrote:

I am having the same problem with battery life with my remote control.  I not sure if posting here helps....comcast doesn't seem to respond to any concerns.....this is what happens when you have a monopoly.

Frequent Visitor

Yes, Rick, we get it, you're a Comcast troll. We've seen your useless response on all these postings now. Because, you know, EVERYONE has defective remotes, so why not further waste their time sending them on wild goose chases, right?  THE REMOTES ARE BATTERY HOGS.LIKE EVERY OTHER PIECE OF EQUIPMENT COMCAST PROVIDES, THEY ARE CHEAP POORLY MADE GARBAGE. THE INDIVIDUAL REMOTES ARE NOT DEFECTIVE, THE DESIGN OF THESE PIECES OF JUNK IS. THEY ARE BATTERY HOGS. So save your bs. We're all not that stupid

Expert

jldestiny2000 wrote:

I was thinking about this post today and thought of this: do you have more than one X11 remote? up to 5 (we've been told) can be linked via RF to one single X1 set top box. I was wondering if a 2nd one is the one being 'read' at 20%.

Official Employee

TotalPC wrote:

Yes, Rick, we get it, you're a Comcast troll. We've seen your useless response on all these postings now. Because, you know, EVERYONE has defective remotes, so why not further waste their time sending them on wild goose chases, right?  THE REMOTES ARE BATTERY HOGS.LIKE EVERY OTHER PIECE OF EQUIPMENT COMCAST PROVIDES, THEY ARE CHEAP POORLY MADE GARBAGE. THE INDIVIDUAL REMOTES ARE NOT DEFECTIVE, THE DESIGN OF THESE PIECES OF JUNK IS. THEY ARE BATTERY HOGS. So save your bs. We're all not that stupid

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. I can tell you that the vast majority of our customers with the voice remote control are not having the issue that you described. Apologies that we put you in this situation.

I will arrange to get you a replacement voice remote control directly shipped to your home (including new batteries). 

Thanks for your patience. 

If you don't want to wait for the replacement remote to arrive, you can always get one (at no charge) at any of our stores. Some nearby locations posted below as options:

8a Traders Way
Salem, MA 01970
HOURS
Mon - Fri: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Sat: 9:00am - 1:00pm
Sun: Closed

26 Tremont St
Lynn, MA 01902
HOURS
Mon - Fri: 8:30am - 5:00pm
Sat: 9:00am - 1:00pm
Sun: Closed

139 Endicott Street
Danvers, MA 01923
HOURS
Mon - Sat: 9:00am - 8:00pm
Sun: 11:00am - 4:00pm

New Poster

We have three remote controls.  All are Xfinity voice.  The remote that we use the most hasn't required a battery change (over three months)  One of the others has needed batteries once every other week.  Conclusion, one is defective.  Keep your BS to yourself.  You are the troll