Community Forum

Reminders, Guide - Frustrated .. disgusted ...

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Reminders, Guide - Frustrated .. disgusted ...

Hello all,

Edit: 20:39 2018/05/07 Thanks for moving my post. I am new here and really needed to put up the current list of issues.

Did a quick search through the forums and there is no post or posts that address my issues. Did not bother calling or chatting with support b/c their only solutions are to blast my set top box and that's just endlessly frustrating. The issues are not answerable in such a format and I have no need to undo then re-do my customizations for a shot in the dark.

We  have been long time customers of Comcast and have ridden through the good and bad. Overall it's been reasonably good but as of late the company has made arbitrary changes without regard to our/my needs. We have a long litany of issues with the X1 format and thought it might be worthwhile to submit them here.

The most fundamental problem is the many hundreds of duplicated listings in the Guide. It's supposedly a "Feature" that gives us more flexibility but ... it's just a complete cluster of confusion and complexities that I just don't need. Even in the "Free to Me" setting these listings are duplicated two, three and even four times. I did call and chatg with support on this single issue to absolutely no avail so it's highly doubtful that I can get any level of honesty for my long list.

I JUST WANT TO SEE A SINGLE LISTING OF EACH NETWORK/PROGRAM THAT I CAN WATCH.

I HAVE NO DESIRE TO SEE THEM LISTED MULTIPLE TIMES - JUST ONE TIME!!

YOU CAN MAKE A SIDE LIST OF THE MULTIPLE CHANNEL NUMBERS ADJACENT TO THE PROGRAM TITLE AND DESCRIPTION.

Now for the Guide/Reminder issues - This is a partial list of issues i have  with X1 service

Reminders - FAILURES:

Scheduled Reminders often never appear.

List of Saved Schedules often does not show all planned reminders.

Xfinity removed Daily, Weekly, and One-Minute-Increment Reminder.

I need to make multiple reminders for a single program.

1) Series  reminder - ALWAYS show me every NEW episode (NEW is no longer new)

2) ONE reminder for entire time slot for daily reruns.

a) Daily reminder for playing from 7PM to 9PM.

b) I can select it ONCE and that network will be on my "LAST  VIEWED" list.

If Viewing the Guide, Browsing, or Searching when Scheduled Reminder(s) pop up:

Reminders disappear if the wrong button is pressed.

This reminder(s) is(are) canceled and disappear forever.

When Multiple Reminders come on the screen

The Schedule(s) pop up and immediately disappear.

When I Select an action for the first one (Watch or Snooze or Cancel)

The following reminder(s) never appear.

Reminder(s) Features removed or changed:

I need to set a reminder for part of a show that runs many hours long

BBC News "Newsday" runs repeatedly many times daily and sometimes  for several hours.

I used to be able to set a scheduled reminder at 6:00 PM to see that installment.

I used to be able to see the reminder(s) for currently live, active, programs.

Example:

It is now 5:04 PM

I had a scheduled reminder for the  BBC news that started at 5:00 PM

I had a scheduled reminder for Laugh-In that started at 5:00 PM.

I can no longer see these reminders - (because the reminders often disappear for no apparent reason I should be                                     able to look them up after the  fact.)

Xfinity Removed Reminders, that used to be visible, After the Beginning OR Before the End of a program.

Example - I have already seen part of a one-hour program.

I need a reminder 15 minutes BEFORE THE END of that program.

I need a reminder 9 minutes AFTER THE BEGINNING of that program.

Guide issues:

First and foremost the text program guide is inconsistent, muddled and confusing

(Obviously designed to steer customers away from the Guide)

DISPLAY ONE AND ONLY ONE COPY OF - each program and each network I pay for

Need to sort the guide as follows:

Alpha by network name.

Alpha by currently showing programs.

Numeric by channel #.

Make the text bright ALL THE TIME!!

(After browsing the Guide the text dims for the entire guide.)

Program details are ridiculously inconsistent and totally inaccurate.

Date is often incorrect or missing.

TIME SLOTS for movies has been INCREASED from 120 TO 150-180 MINUTES.

Commercials have been given the additional time.

Movies still in a 120 MIN time slot are edited more aggressively,

RUNTIME is removed

Hides additional commercial time

Hides aggressive editing that changed run time from its original.

The use of "NEW' category is no longer consistent

I used to use that as main criteria for scheduled reminders.

It is impossible to ensure ONLY seeing a show on its FIRST and ONLY THE FIRST ariing.

No longer shows Genre in Details or popup mini-descriptions

PROGRAM DETAILS are often replaced with SERIES DETAILS.

Often actors' names are removed.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Reminders, Guide - Frustrated .. disgusted ...

So ... After at least five hours scouring the forums, with little or no success finding answers, the frustration is now even deeper. Maybe it seems that no other steps have been taken. Any Comcast rep should be able to see how many sessions I have had, how many times our box has been "blasted", and hw many useless responses I have received.

I have spent many hours in telephone and chat discussions as well. My old Set Top Box ( STB ) was quite satisfactory. There were a few minor issues and we were railroaded into taking two different new STB's. As the new technologies came, bit by bit, the features (most of those mentioned earlier) disappeared or changed making life more and more complicated and the Xfinity experience more and more negative.

I would appreciate a chance to work with someone. It's clear that we won't be able to make all the changes. I accept that. However I cannot believe for one second that we are the only people to be deeply frustrated and disillusioned by these new "features". There 'Must' be 'some of my issues' under consideration and even possibly in coding. Is Comcast REALLY so completely ignorant of customer concerns that you won't even spend some technical support hours and energy 

Please know also that, as a rule, I despise the practice of "bumping" a post just to get attention. However I notice that it's common practice for a real live Comcast agent to pay a minimal nod to a question within three days. 

How about it? I have paid my dues and deserve a decent and personal response.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Reminders, Guide - Frustrated .. disgusted ...

@chgenrich wrote:

So ... After at least five hours scouring the forums, with little or no success finding answers, the frustration is now even deeper. Maybe it seems that no other steps have been taken. Any Comcast rep should be able to see how many sessions I have had, how many times our box has been "blasted", and hw many useless responses I have received.

I have spent many hours in telephone and chat discussions as well. My old Set Top Box ( STB ) was quite satisfactory. There were a few minor issues and we were railroaded into taking two different new STB's. As the new technologies came, bit by bit, the features (most of those mentioned earlier) disappeared or changed making life more and more complicated and the Xfinity experience more and more negative.

I would appreciate a chance to work with someone. It's clear that we won't be able to make all the changes. I accept that. However I cannot believe for one second that we are the only people to be deeply frustrated and disillusioned by these new "features". There 'Must' be 'some of my issues' under consideration and even possibly in coding. Is Comcast REALLY so completely ignorant of customer concerns that you won't even spend some technical support hours and energy 

Please know also that, as a rule, I despise the practice of "bumping" a post just to get attention. However I notice that it's common practice for a real live Comcast agent to pay a minimal nod to a question within three days. 

How about it? I have paid my dues and deserve a decent and personal response.

One thing to remember - this is primarily a user-to-user forum.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!