Community Forum

Recording

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Recording

I can’t tell you how many times I have recorded a sports event and had the recording stop before the game is over. The absolute worst was today where I recorded the Minnesota Vikings vs. the New Orleans Saints. The recording cut off with 30 seconds left in regulation time. I come to find the Saints scored to go ahead and the the Vikings scored a TD after that in probably the most exciting finish of a playoff game ever. I missed it because the idiots at Comcast stopped my recording before tha game was over.
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Recording

For all sporting events you should record the show that comes on after, so you do not miss the end. Sports run long.

New Poster

Well, in this day and age Comcast should be able to automatically extend recording time when a program runs over.  Surely they know what programs we are recording and what our recording settings are.  How hard would it be for them to monitor which shows are running beyond their expected stop time and change the settings on our boxes for those recordings to extend the recording?  It wouldn't be difficult. 

New Poster

Having a show cut off before completion is commonplace with Xfinity. When you record any event, there is something called options. The options include how long to extend the end time for sporting events and I always extend it either 60 or 90 minutes because Xfinity cannot be trusted.
Silver Problem Solver

wrote:
Having a show cut off before completion is commonplace with Xfinity. When you record any event, there is something called options. The options include how long to extend the end time for sporting events and I always extend it either 60 or 90 minutes because Xfinity cannot be trusted.

It's not Comcast; they just pass on schedules from their programming source.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.