Community Forum

Recent DVR recordings are NOT reflecting in Xfinity X1 TV app

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Highlighted
Contributor

Recent DVR recordings are NOT reflecting in Xfinity X1 TV app

Hi,

None of my recent DVR recordings are showing up in the Xfinity (X1) TV app. The last recording I have is from 2PM yesterday 7/28/16. Since then I've had plenty of recordings but they do not reflect at all. In fact when I check the "Scheduled" section of the the app. It clearly says "Your schedule is empty". But on my "main" X1 DVR box I clearly see all the recent recordings and future scheduled recordings.

I talked with an Xfinity rep on Xfinity chat. The rep had me do:

- sign in and out of Xfinity TV app

- close the Xfinity TV app

- uninstall and install Xfinity TV app

None of those fixed the issue.

The rep then escalated my issue to an higher tier rep and I'm awaiting a phone call but have not got anything yet.

Here is the resolution reference number: #CR614930821

Is there a solution to this issue?

Thanks,

Bruce

Problem Solver

Re: Recent DVR recordings are NOT reflecting in Xfinity X1 TV app

If you schedule a recording from within the APP, does it show up on the app schedule as well as the physical dvr schedule?

If you record a live show through the APP, does it show up as recording in the APP?

Contributor

Yes, I just tried that and all of a sudden the future scheduled recordings ALL showed up. But the recent recordings have not. When I do record a random show currently the recording does show up but not all my recent ones from 8PM yesterday to current time right now Smiley Sad
Problem Solver

Since your Cloud DVR schedule got messed up, it looks like nothing recorded to the Cloud from 8PM yesterday.  Once something fails to record to the Cloud DVR, it can't magically come back, unfortunately.  Hopefully, since your schedule returned, the scheduled shows will record to the Cloud DVR as well.  You might have to keep an eye out on it. I know it's ridiculous to have to baby sit the Cloud DVR, but I check my Cloud DVR recording schedule everyday to insure that what I scheduled for that day is still scheduled to record.

I have had a few shows disappear off my Cloud schedule in the past while still showing up on the physical DVR.  Even had Comcast support open up tickets for this issue.  Never really get a clear answer to why it happens.  I don't think Comcast can figure it out.

bruistopher wrote:
Yes, I just tried that and all of a sudden the future scheduled recordings ALL showed up. But the recent recordings have not. When I do record a random show currently the recording does show up but not all my recent ones from 8PM yesterday to current time right now Smiley Sad
Contributor

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

Since your Cloud DVR schedule got messed up, it looks like nothing recorded to the Cloud from 8PM yesterday.  Once something fails to record to the Cloud DVR, it can't magically come back, unfortunately.  Hopefully, since your schedule returned, the scheduled shows will record to the Cloud DVR as well.  You might have to keep an eye out on it. I know it's ridiculous to have to baby sit the Cloud DVR, but I check my Cloud DVR recording schedule everyday to insure that what I scheduled for that day is still scheduled to record.

I have had a few shows disappear off my Cloud schedule in the past while still showing up on the physical DVR.  Even had Comcast support open up tickets for this issue.  Never really get a clear answer to why it happens.  I don't think Comcast can figure it out.

bruistopher wrote:

Wow. That makes so much sense. Thank you for the explanation.

So what I see on my main DVR is the recordings that were physically recorded but those recordings didn't make their way to the Cloud DVR so that I could watch them on my iPhone and iPad? I can accept that. I never knew there was a physical HDD in the X1 box or that there was a HDD DVR and Cloud DVR.

I can tell you that my physical or cloud DVR was filling up quickly and it was near like 98% (I haven't had the time to watch all the programs I recorded). I had to remove some stuff yesterday evening and even today on my Main DVR. So I'm not sure if that contributed to the recordings not being sent to the Cloud DVR at the time and just being recorded ONLY on the physical DVR.

But like I told you earlier I see all the future scheduled recordings. So I will monitor the recordings tonight to see if they show up on the mobile Xfinity TV app on my iPad and iPhone.

I thought the Cloud DVR would self-delete old recordings to make room for newer recordings. But I guess that's not the case.

But thanks for explaining and posting a solution, HowAboutThisOne Smiley Happy