Community Forum

Re setting the booster?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Problem Solver

Re setting the booster?

Im having pixelation again even with a signal booster tech came july 10th put a booster in.
I have x1 that I self installed on June 3rd same channels ESPN
So can I power cycle the booster?
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Re setting the booster?

Won't help. Unfortunately you need another tech visit.

Pharrell wrote:
Im having pixelation again even with a signal booster tech came july 10th put a booster in.
I have x1 that I self installed on June 3rd same channels ESPN
So can I power cycle the booster?

Problem Solver

This is silly

It's only my tv

The guy had the phone thing and showed me the connection was green on everything should I refresh the main box since I'm on a companion box or switch out my box for a main box.

What can the tech do honestly? I already had a tech out.
Gold Problem Solver

As I have told you in the past, "pixeling" when watching live TV is an incoming signal problem. There is little else it can be.

Pharrell wrote:
This is silly

It's only my tv

The guy had the phone thing and showed me the connection was green on everything should I refresh the main box since I'm on a companion box or switch out my box for a main box.

What can the tech do honestly? I already had a tech out.

Problem Solver

Wait my x1 box is a companion box. Should I get a main box? Or refresh or restart the main box connected to my companion x1 box when I have problems
Gold Problem Solver

Please look at this link: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/X1-TV-Box-Comparison-DVR-vs-Non-DVR/td-p/2860183

Which X1 box or boxes do you have?

Pharrell, it is nearly impossible to help you because you do not provide enough information. Please try harder.

Pharrell wrote:
Wait my x1 box is a companion box. Should I get a main box? Or refresh or restart the main box connected to my companion x1 box when I have problems

Problem Solver

The pace and Cisco Xid and why can't I check my signal level on this box

Also I connect through hdmi
Gold Problem Solver

As I just said, you do not provide enough information for us to help you.

Time for you to have Comcast send a tech out.

Pharrell wrote:

Problem Solver

What info do you want?
Gold Problem Solver

As I have said many times before, "pixeling" when watching live tv is an incoming signal problem. There is little else it can be.

It is HIGHLY unlikely you can fix this by yourself.

Problem Solver

And it's not pixelating non stop and it seems to be the sports channels NFL network ESPN ESPN 2 locals are ok in the 724-725 and 730 from what I seen. That's why I don't feel it's that serious to call a tech it doesn't do it in the morning mostly evening and prime time and just HD channels it goes away comes back pixelating ever so often it's connected to a splitter in my room the tech last month put a different splitter it's commscope moca filter
Gold Problem Solver

Sorry to be so blunt but you are foolish not to have COMCAST send a tech out. Why endure the problems? Why subject your family to the problems. Your X1 issues CAN BE FIXED.

I suggest you either have Comcast send a tech out or find another forum to post in...

Pharrell wrote:
And it's not pixelating non stop and it seems to be the sports channels NFL network ESPN ESPN 2 locals are ok in the 724-725 and 730 from what I seen. That's why I don't feel it's that serious to call a tech it doesn't do it in the morning mostly evening and prime time and just HD channels it goes away comes back pixelating ever so often it's connected to a splitter in my room the tech last month put a different splitter it's commscope moca filter

Problem Solver

It's only my tv.

Well thanks I'll call if it gets worst
Gold Problem Solver

It's not going to fix itself. Have Comcast send a tech out before it gets worse.

Pharrell wrote:
It's only my tv.

Well thanks I'll call if it gets worst

Official Employee

Pharrell wrote:

The Xids use the DVR (or XG2, whatever the case may be) to get their channel feeds from. There are no signal levels to be read from those boxes. Have another tech out to check out the exact channels that you're having issues with.

Problem Solver

I had no problems when I had the legacy boxes the only reason I got a companion box is because when I went to the comcast store. they ran out of XG2's. If I'm not getting my own signal but getting fed a signal from another feed which is in the kitchen. when I checked I think I might be having align problems with that box. Should I switch out the companion box? for an XG2 and see if I can get my own signal from my line instead of feeding from another box.

when I called last month one of the ladys said that My box wasn't aligned with the companion box. I don't think there's anything wrong with my cable line it's a splitter I just feel like the box I have is having problems aligning with the XG2.

So should I switch the box out to get my own feed or even switch out both companion boxes for XG2's because like I said the only reason they gave me a companion box is because they ran out of XG2's

Problem Solver

This is what I did I switched out the kitchen main xg2 with my xid box set everything up watched the giants vs Steelers game on NFL network no problems since I have a signal booster on my line I noticed a clearer picture and now my superior line is feeding the kitchen box

When my night ends at 12 am eastern I'll let you know if any pixelating happens if I see any problems with the kitchen box I'm switching it with an xg2. I know for a fact that line is clean.
Problem Solver

I'm calling tommorrow comcast California is pixelating
Official Employee

Pharrell, did you get a tech to look into these issues? Let me know. I can send one if need be. 

Problem Solver

MLB network not working on Stream TV

It keeps pausing and playing now it just stopped playing.

Please fix it I don't know if other channels are doing that or not I"ll give an update since I'm about to watch something else.

Official Employee

Re: MLB network not working on Stream TV

Hi Pharrell, is "MLB network" the only channel that is pausing? Normally pausing or buffering is caused by a poor internet connection. Please make sure you're connected to a strong Wi-Fi signal to stream without any interruptions. 

Problem Solver

20170909_142707.jpgCome on!

Help! It's been pixelating like crazy all afternoon and yesterday it pixelated for like an hour before it stopped it pixelates intermittengly and works when it wants too Send someone please the tech that came in July told me to call them again if I had problems so here I am.

Silver Problem Solver

Pharrell wrote:

20170909_142707.jpgCome on!

Help! It's been pixelating like crazy all afternoon and yesterday it pixelated for like an hour before it stopped it pixelates intermittengly and works when it wants too Send someone please the tech that came in July told me to call them again if I had problems so here I am.

Call 1-800-comcast and ask for an angent.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Problem Solver

Is X1 really worth it?

when I had legacy boxes I could easily fix my connection problems I tried everything on My X1 box but the channels I really want to watch and only watch seem to be the ones having problems. It's s a shame because out of the four boxes in the house Mine seems to be the only one having problems. I pay the bill yet I can't get the channels I want to watch when I want it such a shame makes me regret getting x1 don't get me wrong I love the features but is it really worth it? before i had the legacy boxes the comcast techs only came twice for my connection once was for a connection problem that they fixed in one visit the other visit was I wanted and HDMI capable box in 2010 now here it is 2017 and I'm supposdly have to get another tech visit because ESPN can't hold it's water when I'm watching sports come on....Why so many visits? My connection was fine for seven years before x1 and it's a bad connection come on....this is ridiclous having the tech come out within two months because one of the channels I watch a lot can't stay clear gimmie a break is X1 really worth it it's a shame the person who watches tv the most and pays for the bill can't have a decent connection Smiley Sad

Expert
Moved:

Problem Solver

Saw an xfinity utility truck in my area. Looks like there fixing the local node. Hopefully no more problems
Problem Solver

Can someone set me up with a tech? Since comcast Ken offered so I don't have to go through hoops I think my picture is evidence enough to see I have a problem
Expert

Pharrell wrote:
Saw an xfinity utility truck in my area. Looks like there fixing the local node. Hopefully no more problems

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Hi, Pharrell - I can definitely schedule a tech visit for you. My apologies for your experience.  I just need your account information (name, address, phone number), please send me a private message. Thank you in advance

Problem Solver

Thanks ELLA but I went through a chat with a comcast employee and they set me up with a tech for tommorrow.

Hopefully they can fix the problem tommorrow or I'll be calling out for a tech again Smiley Sad 

Official Employee

I will follow up tomorrow to make sure all issues have been resolved. Have a wonderful day, Pharrell!

Problem Solver

There's a problem with the pole servicing the house. He told me he call the matience crew and he can't fix anything inside until the crew fixes the pole outside.

He showed me that there was a problem with the connection a red line that drops getting to my box and it's coming from the pole on the street.

Official Employee

Did the technician mention if he opened a ticket with the maintenance team? 

Problem Solver

yeah he said he would call someone and I asked him when do you think they'd be here he told me This afternoon or first thing tommorrow morning.

Contributor

I believe you stated you have four boxes in your house and yours is the only one with issues.  If that is the case, I do not expect that fixing the drop from the pole is your issue, since all boxes would be impacted by such a failure assuming they are all off the same drop.

Problem Solver

I don't know sam all I know is he replaced my drop box with a new one from the Post on the street. a drop box that has been there since the 1990s that drop box could have possibly been there since the 1980s I'm not sure.

I could actually enjoy the channels I enjoy for the first time since July.

I watched CSN NFL network ESPN espn 2 

I don't know what the matience crew is gonna do. probably cover up my drop box since it's naked.

Problem Solver

It's now noon local time and no matience crew showed up. I'm still pixelating. He said he couldn't do anything in my house til the matience crew fixed whatever was wrong with the pole. drop box.

so how long does the matience crew take to show up? I'm assuming it's Whatever number you are on the line.

I'm trying to be patient and I"ll probably give it today and friday the tech told me the problem was at the pole that's what he diagnosed so I have no idea if the matience crew is coming or not since the tech told me yesterday afternoon or first thing this morning when none of that happened.

Official Employee

@Pharrell - I can see the maintenance request has been opened for your account yesterday. There are several crews that are working in your area and we need to wait 72 hours before I can escalate it further. I will keep an eye on this request and follow up as soon as I get an update. 

Problem Solver

Comcast crew just knocked on my door and said they had worked on my pole and that everything should be good now.

Smiley Happy

Official Employee

Awesome news, did you check your TV? Is it still pixelating? 

Problem Solver

yeah I"m watching ESPN right now and it hasn't pixelated at all.

Official Employee

Glad to hear that! I will follow up with you on Sunday to make sure all issues are resolved. Have a wonderful weekend!

Official Employee

How is the service, @Pharrell? Any issues with pixelation?

Problem Solver

It's wonderful. Hardly any pixels

ESPN 2 pixelated for a second on Thursday but I reset the box and everything has been great since I been enjoying tv.
Official Employee

I'm happy that all issues are taken care of! Please feel free to reach me if you get any questions or issues.