Community Forum

Re: on demand won't let me watch shows in SD.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Same . Very frustrating. Animal Kingdom is also not available in SD. I went to settings to check preferences and it says "unavailable " next to auto-tune, so that is not the problem. This needs to be fixed asap, because this series will stop airing for free on demand on 9/28 And I REALLY want to catch the season finale that I missed!
Official Employee

Hello, zeeohee. I'd like to help look into the issue with your On Demand service further. Can you please provide me with some examples of specific programs (show names and episode numbers) that are not available for you in SD?

New Poster

Hey there, so the same happened to me. I downgraded my plan from HD to SD and suddenly OnDemand was no longer available to me (for the most part) because most of the shows were only availabe in HD. Some shows that were available were shows that were made before HD was a thing. When you click "Ways to Watch" the only option is "Free HD". There is no SD question. To answer that other person - why would I want to watch in SD? Because I am trying to have TV for as cheap as possible. 

I have been trying to troubelshoot this issue with Comcast tech support for about 2 hours now.

They eventually got me one show but not others on the same channel? Call them. They had to send this issue to the "higher fix" agents. I will hear back within 24 hours apparently. Sigh.