Community Forum

Re: Xifinity down.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

I am having the same issue. When I try to do a system refresh online it says there is an outage in my area. Strange thing is 1 of 3 boxes work fine. Other two have the same RDK-03033 message. I’ve unplugged the boxes daily and they will work for a bit then same message all over again. Going on day 5.
Silver Problem Solver

@eavieda913 wrote:
I am having the same issue. When I try to do a system refresh online it says there is an outage in my area. Strange thing is 1 of 3 boxes work fine. Other two have the same RDK-03033 message. I’ve unplugged the boxes daily and they will work for a bit then same message all over again. Going on day 5.

Did you try calling 1800comcast?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

2 separate issues, your XG2 which may be working fine is barely in spec. Your other 2 boxes can’t communicate with the XG2, that’s why their not working.

Unrelated to X1, your modem is way out of spec for it to work properly.

If you need assistance getting a tech out let us know
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

Of course. Rep tried repeatedly to send a signal and it did not work. I never had this issue with the old boxes and up until recently never had this issue. I had an appointment for a tech to come out and then I received an email saying that it's possible that I can be charged. I've been a customer for a very long time and I pay way to much money to fork out more because the equipment has an issue. Strongly considering switching to direct tv. I've had issues with my packages changing without my permission about 3 or 4 times. Now that I think about it I should check to see if anything fishy is going on there again.

New Poster

Sorry I don't know what that means. Should I be taking my equipment in to a store and getting replacements?

Official Employee

It has nothing to do with equipment, it’s the signal that the equipment needs to function properly. If it’s a wiring issue inside the house you could be charged, if you get the Service Protection Plan you’re covered for service call charges. Either way it needs fixed by a tech onsite, a reset signal sent isn’t going to fix anything
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

Are you referring to the cable coax cables being a potential problem? Everything is in the exact same place as it was when the cable was installed 4 years ago. The only difference between now and then is a tech coming out to change the boxes and then another tech coming out to install a secondary line for internet. They only way I can see their being a wiring issue is if one of the two messed up. I don't want to pay for a protection plan because if I don't use it that's free money comcast is getting out of me. I've had service for 8 or 9 years and I don't think I should be charged for a service call if out of all that time only recently have I had issues with equipment. Do you have any ideas on  what I can do to fix the issue myself rather than give comcast more money on top of the $166 I pay every month?

Official Employee

I’d say it’s an interior cable problem because of the huge discrepancy in signal between your devices but again only a tech onsite is going to fix it. Best of luck if you’re giving it a DIY try. All those levels are available on your devYou only have to keep the service protection plan for 60 days.