Community Forum

Re: Xfinity TV online for the first time ?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Im a very happy new Xfinity customer but am having problems watching live tv from my laptop. Can any one give me some tips to get started ??  

Silver Problem Solver

mdh3333 wrote:

Im a very happy new Xfinity customer but am having problems watching live tv from my laptop. Can any one give me some tips to get started ??  

Hello,

There is not much help instructions on how to get it to work it is trial and error. Here is the main link to go to the xfinity tv on line

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/?cmpid=FCST_xpbar once you are there there is a link to xfinity tv help.

Hope that gets you started if you have any more questions please let us know.

Silver Problem Solver

you cannot watch live tv on any device, you can only watch on demand type programming.

Gold Problem Solver

mdh3333 wrote: Im a very happy new Xfinity customer but am having problems watching live tv from my laptop. Can any one give me some tips to get started ??  

Comcast does not provide live feeds of its cable TV channels over the net. To do that you would need to add a Slingbox or similar device.

Official Employee

mdh3333,

BruceW & rog286713 are correct; you currently cannot watch live TV on Xfinitytv.com

Our product team is constantly working on adding to features to Xfinitytv.com to make the best experience possible. Thanks for your suggestion; we'll consider your idea for a future release.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

New Poster

Comcast tech in Arlington, VA, assures me that as of June, 2012, live Commcast streaming is available on my laptop, but finding a link, if that is so, is going to take some time.

But certain cable shows are put live on the internet. I have looked for and found only one feed - Chris Matthews at hardball.msnbc.com. Repeat, this was live webcast. Bet there are thousands of others, maybe local news as well.

Official Employee

joel39 wrote:

Comcast tech in Arlington, VA, assures me that as of June, 2012, live Commcast streaming is available on my laptop, but finding a link, if that is so, is going to take some time.

But certain cable shows are put live on the internet. I have looked for and found only one feed - Chris Matthews at hardball.msnbc.com. Repeat, this was live webcast. Bet there are thousands of others, maybe local news as well.

Our website has almost 40,000 videos avaiable to watch on your laptop. Go to XINITYTV.com to start.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe