Community Forum

Re: Xfinity TV iPad App wifi vs 4G/3G

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Official Employee

TestingLee wrote:

Hello,

Why does the Xfinity iPad App specifically not allow me from streaming "Play Now" tv and movies when I am using 4G? It will give an error that says "No Wi-Fi Connection. You must be connected to a Wi-Fi network in order to play videos"

I am able to stream HD video using my 4G through HBO GO or the ESPN apps. Xfinity should not force me to use wifi when my cellular provider works just fine. The HBO app gives you a warning if you are on 3G/4G that you will be responsible for the data usage through your provider.

I have unlimited 4G data and want to stream using the Xfinity app via the 4G network as I am frequently away from a wireless network but have 4G.

We are working on adding 3G and 4G support but there is no release date or timetable as of now. I will update this thread when we know more.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Poster

How is it exactly that your production teams are “working on adding it” when the in fact the option was REMOVED from newer versions of the app?? I used to stream via data on T-Mobile (android)  until that option was removed on an update. The other coincidence is that Verizon customers have the ability to stream on their data network and aren’t they partnered with Xfinity? So your production team removed the ability to  stream except for Verizon customers and now you tell non-Verizon customers you are working on a fix..  Could try a little harder to come up with a better story???

New Poster

Me to, I use an Android PC with a direct connect wire to my router and the app insists on wifi, how is working on it, simply take the check out and done!