Community Forum

Re: XFINITY TV app is not currently compatible with your equipment

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

I agree.  All these features are great but they are not compatible with the only DVR available in the Toms River NJ area. I am unable to enjoy any of these features with my current DVR.  When is Comcast going to provide a compatible DVR to this area.  I am paying for a service that I am unable to use.

Silver Problem Solver

Don't know why they don't have compatible DVRs in your area.  The comcast admins have been alerted

Please monitor your email and this thread fror response.

Diamond Problem Solver

Siggy455

The area's that are on Scientific Atlanta / Cisco equipment do not yet have the capabilities for the newest features like MyDVR, remote channel change, caller ID on TV & PC, and any similar advanced or interactive features.

As you are already aware, your area among the rest of the Scientific Atlanta area's (much of NJ) are farther behind getting these features ported over to the the SA equipment.  The first part is to get the SA area's on the I-Guide, which you might have already received in the past few months.  Your area is scheduled for the digital transition, which my information is around March / April.  There will need to be another guide update before these features are available.  No beta's or public deployments have been made yet on the new features, and there are no dates.

You also probably know, the Motorola equipment will not work on a Scientific Atlanta system.

Any more questions on this, can be forwared to the Comcast Corp administrators available on this forum.

Regular Visitor

So much implementing for these features in 2011. In Minneapolis our equipment is still not compatable with the remote features of the iPad app. Very frustrating.
New Poster

In Ocean County area, you can swap out your Scientific Atlantic DVR for one that is compatable with the TV app. The problem is that the SERVICE is not available yet in this area. The customer service rep at Comcast support told me to take my equipment down to the local service center and swap it for compatable equipment. He also told me that all of these services were available in my area. I pulled all of my DVRs and went to Toms River to switch them, and was told that they could give me new equipment but that the service was not available in Ocean County yet. MAYBE by the end of 2011. Obviously, that's BS.