Community Forum

Re: Will X1 work without internet

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Silver Problem Solver

jeffyc wrote:

that's where I was told it probably wouldn't work, but they weren't completely sure

ARGGH!

Next try calling comcast.

1-800-comcast

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

that's where I was told it probably wouldn't work, but they weren't completely sure

Silver Problem Solver

The best way to find out is to go to your nearest Xfinity Store, if that is possible.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

is it possible to keep X1 after removing internet service? e.g. going from double play with internet to just cable?  I was told by a comcast rep they didn't think it was possible, but I don't see a reason why it wouldn't be

Gold Problem Solver
Moved:

Admin1

armchris -- That's not something you're able to do. Residential accounts and Business accounts do not link together like that. You can use X1 without Internet, in some areas, however there are certain features that don't work without Internet access. 

Gold Problem Solver

armchris,

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

New Poster

I have residential xfinity x1 and comcast business internet.  Can you please tell me how to "link" the two?  No one on either side seems to have any idea what I'm talking about.

Help!

Thanks!