Community Forum

Re: Set a Manual Channel Recording on the X1 Guide

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Highlighted
New Poster

So, if I want to record the first showing of Sportcenter at 2:00am, I need to manually record every single show or... record every show and delete the 20 additional recordings I don't need every day. DirecTV's O/S allows users to program a manual recurring recording. Also missing is DirecTV's fantastic double play feature. C'mon Comcast! As a former DirecTV customer, I'm disappointed Comcast's "new" X1 interface doesn't allow this relatively simple functionality. Too bad I can't get DirecTV in my current location.
Expert

wrote:
So, if I want to record the first showing of Sportcenter at 2:00am, I need to manually record every single show or... record every show and delete the 20 additional recordings I don't need every day. DirecTV's O/S allows users to program a manual recurring recording. Also missing is DirecTV's fantastic double play feature. C'mon Comcast! As a former DirecTV customer, I'm disappointed Comcast's "new" X1 interface doesn't allow this relatively simple functionality. Too bad I can't get DirecTV in my current location.

you didn't state if these are all marked as 'new' nor how you set up the recordings. Have you tried removing the series from your priority list and then finding the next episode you wish to record using the guide and navigating to the date/channel/time of the recording and pressing the record button and select series recording? Once you have a new recording, successive recordings marked new on same channel will not record if you already have that episode number in the DVR. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Unfortunately with ESPN’s Sportscenter it’s always been weird on how it’s handled because of the number of shows that are labeled new (or repeat) throughout the day. The system can’t distinguish the difference of a new episode at 2am and a new episode at 11am. Manual recording for that example is the only way to go. Other shows have an “Other Time” option Sportscenter just doesn’t.
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Thank you ComcastAndrew for your response which explains the technical issue consistent with my experience. Also appreciate RustyBen's response which I had already tried.

Still would love to see a true manual recording capability.