Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Re: RDK-03033 Error

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Tech couldn't find any outside problems. Tightened connections . Next day still having problems with message popping up unable to connect to x1 error RDK 03033 and internet still freezing on iPad and iPhone. Having tech charges removed and a new cable box shipped free.  Had a new modem shipped for $15 dollars 3 weeks ago which was supposed to fix it, didn't. Had that $15 shipping charge removed too. Will wait for new box in 3 days and see.
Expert

bennymutt wrote:
Tech couldn't find any outside problems. Tightened connections . Next day still having problems with message popping up unable to connect to x1 error RDK 03033 and internet still freezing on iPad and iPhone. Having tech charges removed and a new cable box shipped free.  Had a new modem shipped for $15 dollars 3 weeks ago which was supposed to fix it, didn't. Had that $15 shipping charge removed too. Will wait for new box in 3 days and see.

Hi, I moved your post to its own thread. I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Official Employee

Hi bennymutt, the error message that you see on your screen is caused by a poor connection between your cable box and your internet services. Your cable box uses a small amount of data to load your guide and on demand channels, to clear this issue up please unplug your cable box and internet modem for 20-30 seconds. Then plug in your modem first, wait for it to load and continue to plugging in your cable box. This should take care of your RDK error. 

New Poster

Lord have mercy.

I found this forum after calling Xfinity customer support in disgust yet again - because of the freezing issue/rebooting issue/failure to connect issue just like you, and I amost couldn't believe what I was reading!

Somebody from Xfinity actually posted and told you to unplug the box!!!!!!!!!! This is their solution???

Do you kow how many times I've unplugged my boxes? 

Unplugging that box does not FIX anything. If unplugging the box were the fix, my problem would have been solved a LONG time ago.

Ridiculous.

Hands down, the worst cable TV service I've ever experienced. This did not happen like this whith the old system. 

Official Employee

Moses2590 wrote: 

Lord have mercy.

I found this forum after calling Xfinity customer support in disgust yet again - because of the freezing issue/rebooting issue/failure to connect issue just like you, and I amost couldn't believe what I was reading!

Somebody from Xfinity actually posted and told you to unplug the box!!!!!!!!!! This is their solution???

Do you kow how many times I've unplugged my boxes? 

Unplugging that box does not FIX anything. If unplugging the box were the fix, my problem would have been solved a LONG time ago.

Ridiculous.

Hands down, the worst cable TV service I've ever experienced. This did not happen like this whith the old system. 

-Simply unplugging the equipment will not resolve this issue, you must unplug your cable box and then unplug your INTERNET modem. The trick to this is to plug the modem back in first and let it fully load, then plug in your cable equipment. This will refresh your entire network and clear up the RDK 03033 error message. If you're having an issue with the picture freezing that is due to a poor physical connection in your home, please make sure all cable are fasten tight on the back of your cable box. Secondly if that does not clear up the freezing I would recommend getting a tech out to look into your Moca filters. 

Frequent Visitor

Thank you. Our internet and tv error was solved on the second tech visit. He checked every connection and found the problem up on the pole which he quickly fixed and we have had no further problems and want to thank the analyst in the tv error and connection problems for scheduling and getting this solved. 
Frequent Visitor

Thanks but this was done several times. See next message for our solved problem.
Contributor

having same RDK-03033 Error on one of the satelite boxes.. whaty has my quite seperate interner connection to do with it?

Official Employee

Your internet has nothing to do with it. Unplug both the XG2 and xid, plug in the XG2 and let it go to live tv and plug in the Xid. This is assuming it's worked previously.
New Poster

Why are two official comast employees saying two different things.  One says unplug internet and one says it is NOT the internet.  

Terrible when you cannot even get your official employees to agree!