Community Forum

Re: Picture freezing for a few seconds

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Expert

@dadgren wrote:

The agent ran the ITG (Einstein) when I asked if they had anything to tell me, they said is the problem fixed now? My only options were yes or no.
I told them it is hard to say because the problem is intermittent. They said the next step was to send out a tech if the problem continues.
My problem is the picture and sound freeze for 5 seconds and then continue. It is obvious that I have missed a few seconds of the program.
This happens both with DVR playback and live TV. It happens several times per day. If I call for a tech, I am simply going to get a bill.
The tech will say "I do not see any problem". They are not going to wait around all day to see if it happens again.

I have REFRESHED my system and that did not help.

What did you think the agent would tell me after running the ITG??? 

for whatever reason, IF the test was run it would tell you if problems were found and if those were inside or ouside the home. I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Problem Solver

The agent ran the ITG (Einstein) when I asked if they had anything to tell me, they said is the problem fixed now? My only options were yes or no.
I told them it is hard to say because the problem is intermittent. They said the next step was to send out a tech if the problem continues.
My problem is the picture and sound freeze for 5 seconds and then continue. It is obvious that I have missed a few seconds of the program.
This happens both with DVR playback and live TV. It happens several times per day. If I call for a tech, I am simply going to get a bill.
The tech will say "I do not see any problem". They are not going to wait around all day to see if it happens again.

I have REFRESHED my system and that did not help.

What did you think the agent would tell me after running the ITG???