Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Re: On demand error CL-0x000f since April 24

Regular Visitor

Seems this is a common problem.  My started out of the blue a few weeks ago.  Refresh the box through the app to no avail.   Called customer service and they tried to say it was because I was connected to my TV with an HDMI cable and all I needed to do was hook up some coax cable.  I told her that was the most ridiculous thing I'd ever heard.  (I've been using HDMI cable for last two years).   She had me unplug the box and she sent a reset and said it would take up to 2 hrs to resolve.  Went to bed.   Next night everything worked fine.   Fast forward a couple weeks and I go to use OnDemand and I get On Demand Error Code [CL-0x000f] again.  What is the solution?  Why is this all of a sudden a problem?

Expert

Not4ewe,

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Official Employee

Hello, Not4ewe. I'd like to help troubleshoot your On Demand service. Do you encounter this error code as soon as you launch On Demand, when you go to launch a specific program, or when navigating between folders?

New Poster

I am experiencing this now as soon as I hit on demand button just got Comcast and have had so many problems so far how would I fix this?
Official Employee

Hello Csweeney707, I can assist you with getting this error cleared up. When you get this error it means that your cable equipment is not reading your services on the back end, normally a simple reset of the equipment will fix the issue. Have you tried unplugging your cable equipment to clear up this error? Are you seeing this same error on all of your equipment?

Regular Contributor

Hi I'm getting two different error messages right now. The first one was the srmoxo11 error or something like that saying there is a problem and to try your selection in a few minutes and I unplugged my cable and plugged back in twice to see if it would do anything and now I'm getting an error message saying srm08 and saying to unplug my box. Please help
Official Employee

Hello garryreeves, those error codes are related to your on demand features. Are you still seeing these messages on your screen? If so please send me a private message with your full address and the name on the account by clicking my name (ComcastAmir) and then clicking "private message me" Thanks.

Regular Visitor

I encountered it when I launch On Demand services.

Contributor

I, too, have had this problem for quite some time and by the number of threads related to this issue it is obviously a widespread problem that Comcast has no intention of resolving. Why should Comcast take care of this when they can make money for services not provided.

Sending a signal to the cable box is their answer to everything. That and sending a tech out for a $60 service charge for a widespread problem on their end. Oh, wait, you can pay $6/mo that covers tech visits but you have to keep paying that for a minimum of two months. Every solution leads to more money for Comcast. The signal being sent to my cable box twice actually went to my modem and knocked all service out - try getting that resolved in a timely manner. Chat agents are clueless (and rude) and getting an answer here takes days.

Comcast is just fortunate that in many areas there is no competition, otherwise they would be out of business.