Community Forum

Re: HD Enhanced Program

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I received to new Enhanced HD boxes from Comcast to replace my exisiting HD DVRs.  Neither of the new boxes had DVR service.  After a long time on the phone with a tech, I was told that the boxes did not have DVR capability!  I think he was wrong, but agreed to get to new boxes.  When the new new boxes arrived I had the same problem.  The first tech I spoke to could not fix them, and eventually told me the problem was a service outage in my area.  That was a flat out LIE, because I have a third Comcast HD DVR that did not need to be replaced, and it was working perfectly.  No outage.  Then next tech I spoke to was able to get DVR services on both of my new new boxes, but it disappeared from both boxes several days later.  I called tech support again.  The technician was unable to fix the problem, and to make matters worse he fried one of the new new boxes so that it doesn't even get basic TV anymore.  Eventually I spoke to a supervisor who guaranteed me that a tech would be at my home on Feb 4.  The next morning I got an email telling me I had an appointement scheduled for Feb 9 (without checking to see if I was available).  A Comcast representative called me the morning of Feb 4 and asked about my request to get an earlier appointment.  I told her I had been promised that a tech would be at my house on Feb 4, she said there was no indication of such an appointment in the system.  So the supervisor apparently LIED to me about the appointment.  She promised to check and call me back.  She never called me back.  So, she LIED to me too.  Now I have two boxes that don't work properly, and dishonest responses from Comcast. 

Diamond Problem Solver

The Comcast team available to the forum has been notified, expect a response here.

Official Employee

Hi kensilbert, in reviewing your account I did see the equipment hierarchy was wrong so I rearranged it appropriatly and refreshed entitlements. Can you please retest and let me know if you see a difference? If not please respond to my private message and I will further assist.

Thank you

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!