Community Forum

Re: HD Enhanced Program

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

We need a set top box for our 4K UHD tv. How do we get the box today?

@ComcastFrancisc wrote:

HI All, recently there have been a lot of questions regarding this an as a result I decided to make this post.

The HD Enhanced Program is an initiative to exchange older model HD equipment in a customer's home with a newer model. We are swapping out several models of MPEG-2 set-top boxes across the Comcast footprint. These boxes are replaced with MPEG-4-capable boxes in order to provide XFINITY TV customers with an HD-enhanced experience.

We are beginning to migrate HD channels to a new format that enhances the viewing experience by providing customers with better picture quality.

The program is not occurring in all markets. Please tune to Channel 1995 to see if swap options are available for you.   If you don't see the channel or see a blackscreen, please wait until you receive a letter with your information on this when this is happening in your area. 

New Poster

So if I didn't receive the letter does that mean I am being charged the HD Technology fee regardless of whether or not the service is available in my

@MarionWard wrote:

We need a set top box for our 4K UHD tv. How do we get the box today?

@ComcastFrancisc wrote:

HI All, recently there have been a lot of questions regarding this an as a result I decided to make this post.

The HD Enhanced Program is an initiative to exchange older model HD equipment in a customer's home with a newer model. We are swapping out several models of MPEG-2 set-top boxes across the Comcast footprint. These boxes are replaced with MPEG-4-capable boxes in order to provide XFINITY TV customers with an HD-enhanced experience.

We are beginning to migrate HD channels to a new format that enhances the viewing experience by providing customers with better picture quality.

The program is not occurring in all markets. Please tune to Channel 1995 to see if swap options are available for you.   If you don't see the channel or see a blackscreen, please wait until you receive a letter with your information on this when this is happening in your area. 

area yet? 

Valued Contributor

I don't think the HD Technology fee is related to the HD Enhanced Rollout by Comcast - It has been a fee since before the "current" rollout of the HD Enhanced "upgrade"   ( not a Comcast employee )