Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Re: DVR Fast Forward jumping ahead 10 or 20 minutes or more unpredicably

New Poster

After several years of reliable service, about 3 weeks ago we began experiencing the same eratic behavior with fast forward as described in this thread.  Tech support sent us a new DVR but the same problem continues.  Could it be a signaling or some other service issue?  Please help!  Thanks.

Silver Problem Solver

See the 3rd post in this thread. Again, it's probably related to the MPEG4 upgrade and software issues with it not properly keeping track of the timecode, so it gets confused when you try to FF or REW.

Official Employee

Hi dave_simon, I'd like to get to the bottom of those fast forward issues. I don't see your cable box on my end. Is the device powered on? 

New Poster

A technician came yesterday and replaced the splitter on the telephone pole as it was corroded.  Let's hope this fixes the issue.

Silver Problem Solver

I EXTREMELY doubt it. The skipping is a SOFTWARE issue. The connector fix only affects live viewing and recording, not playback.

Contributor

Dave - did the spliter replacement resolve the issue?  I am having the same problem.  Only on DVR'd shows.

Thx

New Poster

We are having the same problem with the xfinity dvr.  Just recently received a new xfinity box when the other quit working.  Everything is fine except for the fast forwarding problem watching time-shifted programs on the dvr/xfinity box.  What can we do? Thank you, Virginia

New Poster

I've been having the same issue for months.  We expected it was done on purpose but now I am not so sure.  Would love to see it go away.