Community Forum

Re: DVR-3 Remote Codes

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem with an Apex TV I bought in April. It's a newer one than the advertised one I actually went in to buy. When comcast came out to try to solve the problem, he finally said that the TV--or other device-- mfr has to supply the codes to Motorola which has to work them into production of the new remotes, and then there's a delay til Comcast buys the new ones so it can take months before you can get a remote that works with a really new device. The code that my TV's documentation specifies is not listed in the Motorola remote's code list so I think that's another indication this is my problem. May just be a waiting game. I'm resigned to using three remotes. Aargh.

Diamond Problem Solver

Did you try any of these?  Also, these remotes are not made by or supplied by Motorola, they are made to Comcast's specifications by Universal Electronics Inc, a major OEM remote Mfr.

These are the codes for your APEX DIGITAL TV. Follow the instructions below to program your remote.

Most likely code: 10765
Others to try: 10748, 10879, 10767, 10890, 11991, 10889

To program your Comcast remote:

1. Turn on the TV or other device that you would like to program.
  2. Press the TV button on your remote control.
    NOTE: If you would like to program your remote control to work with a DVD Player, VCR or Audio device press the AUX button.
  3. Press and hold Setup until the red light blinks twice, then release Setup.
  4. Enter the first code for your device listed above. If you perform this procedure correctly, the red light will blink twice.
    NOTE: If you enter an invalid code, the red light will display one long blink and exit the programming mode. Repeat steps 2 to 4 with a valid code.
  5. Aim the remote control at your device and press Power once (press the Play key for devices that don’t have a POWER button). If the TV turns off, make sure that the VOL+/- and Mute buttons also work. If so, you’re all set!
  6. If not, repeat these steps using the next manufacturer’s code (you may need to try several codes to find the one that works).
Frequent Visitor

Yes. Tried all those and also 11531 which is the one the TV manual says to use. I think that needs to be listed in the comcast documentation, or at least be built into the remote, before this will work.

New Poster

I tried all the above and the Volume doesn't work on the Apex LD4688T 

Suggestions?

New Poster

I have the same problem and its May ... has a answer been found?

Frequent Visitor

I just did another round looking for newer information. No luck. The programming directions on the comcast site are dated 2003. The directions that come with the remotes are lots newer than that. So I guess they don't update the online doc when they get new units.

Diamond Problem Solver

The active web page for the Comcast remotes is always updated with new codes.  Check for codes HERE

Problem Solver

Went to the Apex website and found this information for your TV

• What are the codes for using my cable or satellite universal remote?
    The universal remote control manufacturer is responsible for creating and embedding a APEX Digital -compatible code in the remote control. Please contact your service provider or the universal remote control manufacturer for assistance.Only code numbers that we were informed that were embedded are:
    • 3 Digit - 591, 594, 006
    • 4 Digit - 0022, 1397
    • 5 Digit - 11531
    • If none of these codes doesn’t work check with your service provider to see if you have an up to date remote, or you can purchase our RCU-200 universal remote from us. There is also a learning remote control that you can purchase to operate your TV.