Community Forum

Re: Commercial Volume Increases Dramatically (Savannah, GA)

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Re: Commercial Volume Increases Dramatically

If indeed this is an issue of switching from 5:1 to stereo then XFINITY does not properly test the volume of the local advertising transmission. At the very least if this is the case then broadcast the local segments in 5:1 so that the volume level is constant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Official Employee
Moved:

Official Employee

TMGADawg63 wrote:

The same problem exists in the Savannah GA system;  I understood that the FCC had required the same level of sound for commercials as for other programming - that lasted a very short time before it was back to louder commercials.  

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. Are you able to provide some additional details around this? Can you provide the channel names (and if SD or HD) and approximate times if at all possible? 

Once I have that additional detail, I can work with our local teams to better identify and resolve this issue. Thanks for any additional details that you are able to provide.

Are you hearing these issues on a surround-sound system? If yes, can you provide the make and model of that device?

We usually see something like this when a customer is watching with a physical or virtual surround system. The network feed may be 5.1 audio and we switch to 2-channel stereo during local advertising insertions. The audio levels are likely varying on your audio receiver between Dolby Digital and 2-channel stereo.

Comcast is FCC CALM compliant for each commercial spot we send out, and this gets verified a number of times before the commercial is telecast.

New Poster

Re: Commercial Volume Increases Dramatically (Savannah, GA)

The same problem exists in the Savannah GA system;  I understood that the FCC had required the same level of sound for commercials as for other programming - that lasted a very short time before it was back to louder commercials.