Community Forum

Re: Cannot watch HBO or Showtime on Xfinity App

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

im having the same problem accessing hbo in xfinity from my xbox or tablet,i can watch hbo go on the xbox but not hbo on xfinity,and my device manager here https://device.comcast.net/comcast-access/  dont list any activated devices at all.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

jazon1 wrote:

im having the same problem accessing hbo in xfinity from my xbox or tablet,i can watch hbo go on the xbox but not hbo on xfinity,and my device manager here https://device.comcast.net/comcast-access/  dont list any activated devices at all.

When trying to watch HBO on the Xfinity TV App on your tablet, are you able to log-in? If so, are the HBO shows covered with orange keys?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Poster

yes i can log in but the hbo shows show orange keys and if i try to watch one it says i need to subscribe

same goes for the xbox 360 app.

Official Employee

jazon1 wrote:

yes i can log in but the hbo shows show orange keys and if i try to watch one it says i need to subscribe

same goes for the xbox 360 app.

We are further looking into this issue for you. I will update you when I learn more.

Thanks,
Joe

New Poster

i think the app is broken. I can't access anything through my ipad....error max device and i can't remove any device everytime i click on the watch tv or movies through streampix

Official Employee

Appnotworking wrote:

i think the app is broken. I can't access anything through my ipad....error max device and i can't remove any device everytime i click on the watch tv or movies through streampix

There was an issue on our end but the app should now be working. Are you still having issues? If so, let me know and I will help you.

Thanks,
Joe

Regular Visitor

Im having the same issues since last night. I am trying to watch my shows on HBO online and it is showing me the orange key and asking me to upgrade, however I pay for HBO and Starz. Please help!