Community Forum

REMOTE CONTROL NOT WORKING PROPERLY

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

REMOTE CONTROL NOT WORKING PROPERLY

Ok, I noticed that my remote does not shut off the cable box? It will turn it on and all functions work but when I push the "all power" button my tv will turn off but the cable box stays on. I can shut the box off using the botton on the box itself.

Can someone explain and help me?

Thanks 

Expert

Re: REMOTE CONTROL NOT WORKING PROPERLY

@tdill77 wrote:

Ok, I noticed that my remote does not shut off the cable box? It will turn it on and all functions work but when I push the "all power" button my tv will turn off but the cable box stays on. I can shut the box off using the botton on the box itself.

Can someone explain and help me?

Thanks 

the set top boxes are very energy efficient. they don't turn off, what you are doing is putting the box into power save. The difference with powersave if left in power save 24/7/365 is about a $1 - just leave it on, you can turn off the power indicator and clock display (if they apply) through the menu system.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!