RECORDING SHOWS

HOW MANY SHOWS CAN YOU RECORD AT ONE TIME AND STILL WATCH A PROGRAM

Accepted Solutions
Expert

Re: RECORDING SHOWS

hross2450 wrote:

If you do not have X1 equipment at this time, note:

DVRs are in 2 flavors, 5 tuners that have component video jacks (made by Pace) and 6 tuner models that have no component video jacks. Each can record up to their tuner limit OR if you are wanting to watch a live channel the recordings are reduced by one.

any Xi3/Xid companion boxes borrow a tuner reducing the tuners available to the DVR. however another companion device, XG2, has tuners of its own and will loan out up to 3 of the tuners to other Xi3/XiD set top boxes. This is why (as rick said) no way to tell you yes without knowing your actual list of devices.

There is another outmoded no feature companion device the RNG150 but it does not have apps, does have component video, does not have voice remote, and responds slowly/sluggishly to commands.

All Replies
Gold Problem Solver

We cannot answer that question unless you tell us which X1 boxes you have and how many of them you have.

This link may help: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/X1-TV-Box-Comparison-DVR-vs-Non-DVR/td-p/2860183

hross2450 wrote:

Expert

hross2450 wrote:

If you do not have X1 equipment at this time, note:

DVRs are in 2 flavors, 5 tuners that have component video jacks (made by Pace) and 6 tuner models that have no component video jacks. Each can record up to their tuner limit OR if you are wanting to watch a live channel the recordings are reduced by one.

any Xi3/Xid companion boxes borrow a tuner reducing the tuners available to the DVR. however another companion device, XG2, has tuners of its own and will loan out up to 3 of the tuners to other Xi3/XiD set top boxes. This is why (as rick said) no way to tell you yes without knowing your actual list of devices.

There is another outmoded no feature companion device the RNG150 but it does not have apps, does have component video, does not have voice remote, and responds slowly/sluggishly to commands.

Most Valued Poster

RickGr4 wrote:

We cannot answer that question unless you tell us which X1 boxes you have and how many of them you have.

This link may help: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/X1-TV-Box-Comparison-DVR-vs-Non-DVR/td-p/2860183

hross2450 wrote:

==============

Rick, I am having a senior moment. I have Arris (blue) XG1A. Can I record 4/watch one or 5/watch one? Don't know why I can't remember but fall season starting next week and so many shows  are scheduled now with brand  new ones added. I looked at the comparison link you provided and thought I had a Pace Bluie but the back of mine matches the Arris XG1. I can't find box with XG1-A designation so thought I would ask you. It says XG1-A under the blue power light.

I looked at my devices on xfintity.com and it says I have MOTO MX011ANC Serial Number: M11348TD3876. That is really OLD information from  so many years ago. Gosh...they don't keep good records of what I have? Do you happen to know how I can get them to correct that information in my device profile without going round and round with them.

Thanks

Expert

adding.. the MX011ANC (I have 3 of them) has 6 tuners that all can be used at the same time for recording (with no live tuner can only tune to one of the channels being recorded). Any Xi3/Xid devices without an XG2 will reduce the count by one tuner each.

Most Valued Poster

Rustyben wrote:

adding.. the MX011ANC (I have 3 of them) has 6 tuners that all can be used at the same time for recording (with no live tuner can only tune to one of the channels being recorded). Any Xi3/Xid devices without an XG2 will reduce the count by one tuner each.

Rustyben...thanks for that but my issue is that I have a  Arris box not Moto. Sorry I said Pace before.

Expert

TerriB wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

Rustyben...thanks for that but my issue is that I have a Pace box not Moto.

Which means you have one less tuner for recordings. I also have one and I hope to replace it next week.

Most Valued Poster

RobertWy wrote:

TerriB wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

Rustyben...thanks for that but my issue is that I have a  Arris box not Moto.

Which means you have one less tuner for recordings. I also have one and I hope to replace it next week.

Robert....so how many tuners do I have on my Arris XG1A. That was my original question so I am still not sure how many shows I can record and still watch one live. Thanks

Expert
Most Valued Poster

RobertWy wrote:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/x1-hub-vs-companion-box/

Thanks for that great reference material ...its a keeper. Comcast Jessie posted on in Jan that is somewhat different. So..... I am sorry to be so confused but my box says XG1-A on the front below the blue power circle. There seem to be many versions of XG boxes so I guess the only way to tell if I can record 4/watch one or 5/watch one will be to let the DVR do its thing when I have 5 shows scheduled for the same time and see what happens.

Expert

Exact model ID is in Settings-About.

Most Valued Poster

RobertWy wrote:

I should have known that....duh on me...thanks. Well that has added to my confusion. Comcast device listing on website says I have MX011ANC . Settings/About says M011AN-212-p4s1. I give up....lol.

Expert

TerriB wrote:

RobertWy wrote:

I should have known that....duh on me...thanks. Well that has added to my confusion. Comcast device listing on website says I have MX011ANC . Settings/About says M011AN-212-p4s1. I give up....lol.

You have the  MX011ANC.   It's been a while but I think it has 6 tuners.

Most Valued Poster

RobertWy wrote:

TerriB wrote:

RobertWy wrote:

Thats what Comcast says I have but that is not what the settings say. I appreciate your help and like I said...I will just see what the DVR does when presented with 5 or 6 recordings and we are watching another one live.

Expert

TerriB wrote:

RobertWy wrote:

TerriB wrote:

RobertWy wrote:

Thats what Comcast says I have but that is not what the settings say. I appreciate your help and like I said...I will just see what the DVR does when presented with 5 or 6 recordings and we are watching another one live.

you can test it easily. just hit record on the channel you are watching and 5 more and all 6 will record. (you can check that on your 'recordings' list.

Most Valued Poster

Rustyben wrote:

TerriB wrote:

RobertWy wrote:

TerriB wrote:

RobertWy wrote:

you can test it easily. just hit record on the channel you are watching and 5 more and all 6 will record. (you can check that on your 'recordings' list.

Yes I know I can do that but I will just let the DVR do the testing on real recordings. Thanks again for your support.