Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

RDK error codes

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

RDK error codes

Has anyone found the solution to the RDK error codes? Customer service really doesn't do much for troubleshooting, they just send a signal to the box then make an appointment for a technician to come out and take a look. What is the real issue here? I swapped my coax from my router to my cable box and still not connecting. Reading through all thats been posted I don't see a real resolution for this. I truly don't believe that I have 2 bad boxes either

Accepted Solutions
Expert

Re: RDK error codes

my89foxbody wrote:

Has anyone found the solution to the RDK error codes? Customer service really doesn't do much for troubleshooting, they just send a signal to the box then make an appointment for a technician to come out and take a look. What is the real issue here? I swapped my coax from my router to my cable box and still not connecting. Reading through all thats been posted I don't see a real resolution for this. I truly don't believe that I have 2 bad boxes either

The solution was already provided by the CSR.  You require a TECH onsite to evaluate and make the necessary repairs for the signal to be delivered to the X1 boxes cleanly.  What worked for legacy cable may not work with X1 as this platform requires higher/cleaner signals and the outside/inside cable infrastructure needs to be inspected and repaired.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

All Replies
Regular Visitor

Having the same issue. The secondary box is not connecting and I keep getting "Something's quite not right.", RDK-03003. Both boxes were working fine until two days ago. Wasted time talking to a technician over the phone who wanted to schedule an appointment which I declined. Tried calling again earlier today and finally got a message stating there was an outage. The main box finally came back on, had to reset the remove, however the second is still not connecting.

I don't think my box is bad either considering the first one finally came back up and there was an outage today. Please post any updates you get.

Expert

my89foxbody wrote:

The solution was already provided by the CSR.  You require a TECH onsite to evaluate and make the necessary repairs for the signal to be delivered to the X1 boxes cleanly.  What worked for legacy cable may not work with X1 as this platform requires higher/cleaner signals and the outside/inside cable infrastructure needs to be inspected and repaired.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Expert

Cevera wrote:

Having the same issue. The secondary box is not connecting and I keep getting "Something's quite not right.", RDK-03003. Both boxes were working fine until two days ago. Wasted time talking to a technician over the phone who wanted to schedule an appointment which I declined. Tried calling again earlier today and finally got a message stating there was an outage. The main box finally came back on, had to reset the remove, however the second is still not connecting.

I don't think my box is bad either considering the first one finally came back up and there was an outage today. Please post any updates you get.

Pull power on the second box and let it sit for about 5-10 seconds.  Plug back into the outlet and see if this can reinitilaize your connection to the X1 network.  If it fails, you will need a Tech onsite to evaluate and make the necessary repairs to return the box to service.

New Poster

The first thing that I had asked was if there was an outage and of course the answer to that was no. But a neighbor in a different condo building is experiencing the same issue. I'm glad you had luck getting one box back, I'd be happy with one box right about now. I know more about troubleshooting than the customer service reps that answer the phone and it's frustrating to me that there isn't anyone more useful on the other end of the phone. I get a "hold on I'm going to send a signal to your box" um ok? to me that's not troubleshooting and how do we really know what they are doing when you don't see anything happening to the box? Sorry just a frustrated Sr Network Engineer here that would like to watch the local news.

Expert

my89foxbody wrote:

The first thing that I had asked was if there was an outage and of course the answer to that was no. But a neighbor in a different condo building is experiencing the same issue. I'm glad you had luck getting one box back, I'd be happy with one box right about now. I know more about troubleshooting than the customer service reps that answer the phone and it's frustrating to me that there isn't anyone more useful on the other end of the phone. I get a "hold on I'm going to send a signal to your box" um ok? to me that's not troubleshooting and how do we really know what they are doing when you don't see anything happening to the box? Sorry just a frustrated Sr Network Engineer here that would like to watch the local news.

I understand.  Basic troubleshooting ( sending signals to the box ) can be done by calling in, but that can only go so far.  Use the X1 Support line at 877-896-8678 in the future and if this is an outage condition, you may find more information logging into your account online and navigating to MyAccount or MyServices to determine if a local outage is in place.  Additionally, the Xfinity MyAccount APP on a mobile device displays this information very quickly.

New Poster

Offering a technician is not a solution, when I ordered the X1 I had a cable tech come out and replace the cable from my condo up to the box in the attic, tested the signal and everything was good to go. The tv worked in the morning, watched for 3 hours, left for an appointment, came back 2 hours later and nothing worked, you can't tell me that's a connection issue. I do know a thing or two about networks and cables as I work with them daily. I will wait four more days to see a tech, but I know it's not the cable or the box.

Gold Problem Solver

Actually in the case of X1, sending out a tech is often the ONLY solution.

Sorry but there is a 90% chance it IS a signal/wiring/connection issue. You may have some experience with this but you are overlooking a couple of very important points. First of all, RDK error codes are almost always signal or connection related. Second, the X1 boxes use a "cloud based" guide which entirely changes normal thinking when it comes to troubleshooting. X1 boxes do not respond the same as legacy boxes. Also, X1 boxes are MUCH more sensitive to incoming and outgoing signal quality. Because they are so sensitive to signals, X boxes are well known to have problems in condo and apartment buildings.

My X1 service has been nearly flawless for 2.5 years. Why? My signal levels are perfect. I am not alone. Many other members of this forum have had great service for two years or more.

my89foxbody wrote:

Offering a technician is not a solution, when I ordered the X1 I had a cable tech come out and replace the cable from my condo up to the box in the attic, tested the signal and everything was good to go. The tv worked in the morning, watched for 3 hours, left for an appointment, came back 2 hours later and nothing worked, you can't tell me that's a connection issue. I do know a thing or two about networks and cables as I work with them daily. I will wait four more days to see a tech, but I know it's not the cable or the box.

Silver Problem Solver

OP, you should really be more clear as to WHICH RDK error you are talking about. There's dozens of them, they each mean different things, and yes, most require techs...

Regular Visitor

Then send a technician out my way and have them check outside. Honestly, I think offering a technician is the last thing in the script that tech support is reading. It's not a solution.

I chatted with a technician yesterday and asked him to send me a new box. I think this is a Comcast issue on the back end. I can't imagine that both boxes went bad along with a bunch of other customers at the same time.

Official Employee

Cevera wrote:

Then send a technician out my way and have them check outside. Honestly, I think offering a technician is the last thing in the script that tech support is reading. It's not a solution.

I chatted with a technician yesterday and asked him to send me a new box. I think this is a Comcast issue on the back end. I can't imagine that both boxes went bad along with a bunch of other customers at the same time.

You need to check your in house connections and/or have a tech out. Your secondary box is off line but your DVR has a downstream signal of -22 dbmv ( should be greater than -8) and the downstream SNR is tanking as well ( could be bad cable but something is creating interference). If you can, remove any unnecessary splitters to gain signal. 

Unrelated to X1, your modem's stats look just as bad as your DVRs stats. Not a back end issue, not an equipment issue, but a pure signal issue.

Gold Problem Solver

You are probably wrong (suggest you reread what has recently been posted in this thread) and you need to schedule your own appointments...

Cevera wrote:

Silver Problem Solver

I don't know why you refuse to schedule a tech... You also refuse to post what the actual error code is. 

Have you scheduled one previously and it didn't work? Or are you just going off of "I didn't change anything it so it must be a backend or outside issue"?

Yes, you're going to see lots of people here on the boards saying there are issues. Why wouldn't you? Keep in mind that Comcast is a national company with millions and millions of customers. Even if a thousand come here (or to any other site out there on the internet), that is still a small fraction of the overall customer base. 

At this point, you've been told what the fix is several times, by several people here including an employee that even says you have bad signals, and by the agent you spoke with over the phone. At this point you're just making this harder than it needs to be, especially since you were told the correct thing the first time and chose to ignore it.

Regular Visitor

So today my X1 box miraculously came back online. Called Comcast four different times after being promised that someone call me back to schedule an appointment with a technician as was recommended. I was told three different times that the appointment system wasn't working and someone from Comcast would call me back notifying me of a service date. This never happened so therefore a technnician never showed up.

So what was the issue Comcast?

Expert

Cevera wrote:

So today my X1 box miraculously came back online. Called Comcast four different times after being promised that someone call me back to schedule an appointment with a technician as was recommended. I was told three different times that the appointment system wasn't working and someone from Comcast would call me back notifying me of a service date. This never happened so therefore a technnician never showed up.

So what was the issue Comcast?

Quite possibly you were either in a temporary outage, or you had signal deficiencies caused by something ( weather, node, tap, etc ).  If this returns fro any reason, call 877-896-8678 or 888-739-1379 and request a Tech onsite to evaluate and make repairs.

Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issues at 3:00 am every morning for the last 2 weeks.  The X1 box worked perfectly until then.  I gett different error codes rdk-3032, rdk 1000, etc.  Later in the morning, the box works just fine and is fine all day long (my husband is home watching tv).  Before this happened, Comcast was updating the X1 platform at this time, but I usually had stations on... Any solutions??? I have already checked all inside wiring and found no problems.

Gold Problem Solver

Your solution is contained within this thread. Any chance you read it???

n1mbo wrote:

I am having the same issues at 3:00 am every morning for the last 2 weeks.  The X1 box worked perfectly until then.  I gett different error codes rdk-3032, rdk 1000, etc.  Later in the morning, the box works just fine and is fine all day long (my husband is home watching tv).  Before this happened, Comcast was updating the X1 platform at this time, but I usually had stations on... Any solutions??? I have already checked all inside wiring and found no problems.

Expert

n1mbo wrote:

your companion box(es) can not communicate with your xg1 DVR(s). check your 'about screen' (hit xfinity button >> settings(gear) >> about and check your STB version line for 2.2p5... and if an earlier (lower) number call 877-896-8678 and ask tech to force the firmware update to your DVR (first) and any companions that need updates after that. You might want to look into swapping out your xi* box(es) for at least one XG2 box.

Frequent Visitor

I do not have dvr service. I have had the x1 platform box for months with no problems. This issue started a couple of weeks ago and does not happen every day. If there is no quick fix that I can do myself, I will call for a tech to check the cable outside my house, which seems to be the only solution given on this forum.
Frequent Visitor

I prefer not to call a tech unless absolutely necessary...Most of the time they have no clue how to fix a problem..
New Poster

on the bottom of your remote is a button that says tv input.  Make sure it is set on HDMI by punching that button until it gets there.  See if that works.

Official Employee

1.5 year old thread closed