Community Forum

??Question?about?messaging on DVR

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Problem Solver

Re: ??Question?about?messaging on DVR

Andyross, I agree 100% with you on that...  I just wish that they had a "select all" for the delete function...  But I guess that would be asking for too much..

ciao, bj

Silver Problem Solver

It'd be nice if the messages were useful. Lately, 90% have been ads for wrestling and sports packages. A recent one also mentioned a Comcast sponsored Playstation game preview at a local mall. Once or twice, they have advertised Comcast jobs.

Only a few times have they used it for something truely useful, like channel changes.

Problem Solver

Thank you WarEagle & Ted for your replies..

WarEagle, think I'll pass on the tape idea.. Smiley Wink

Ted, I'll accept that one,  Smiley Happy even tho it's only a light switch, and not a stop for the messages... Smiley Sad

ciao, bj

Gold Problem Solver

Thanks, Ted.  I missed that one. 
Problem Solver

Yes, you can turn the message indicator off which would eliminate the red light (you would still get the messages, you would not get the red light and on-screen envelope indicator).

Go to the Main Menu, then select Setup, then Guide Setup, then page down to page 2 to Message Indicator line. Use the left arrow key to select Off. Enjoy.
Gold Problem Solver

I don't know of any way to turn off the messages, but if you cover the light with tape you'll never know they're there.
Highlighted
Problem Solver

??Question?about?messaging on DVR

I'm sure this has been asked, but I couldn't seem to find any answers..

Is there any way to turn OFF the messaging function on the DCT 3412 I ~DVR box?

I find the messages annoying and intrusive...  I have no interest in game show network, sports specials, etc...

Now if compact was to post a message with a special code to be used on our next payment for a $$ credit, it just be worth my while to have my DVR box spammed with this junk..      I know I'm dreaming. Smiley Wink

Ciao, bj

Message Edited by BlueJay on 10-09-2009 12:58 AM
Message Edited by BlueJay on 10-09-2009 12:59 AM