Community Forum

Programs are in SD until I "Restart" - Then They Return to HD Fullscreen??

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

Programs are in SD until I "Restart" - Then They Return to HD Fullscreen??

Why are so many movies I tune into like on HBO start at SD and letterbox until I hit the "Restart" button.  Then they go to the correct HD and full screen resolution.  This has been happening continuously the past several weeks.  Not all channels but most movie channels.

Is there a fix for this.    Thanks.

Official Employee

Re: Programs are in SD until I "Restart" - Then They Return to HD Fullscreen??

wrote:

Why are so many movies I tune into like on HBO start at SD and letterbox until I hit the "Restart" button.  Then they go to the correct HD and full screen resolution.  This has been happening continuously the past several weeks.  Not all channels but most movie channels.

Is there a fix for this.    Thanks.

Are you starting the movie from an SD channel? Not every HBO channel is HD

Contributor

I just called support and they informed me if you go to a non HD channel and view the movie- then if it has the restart feature it will take you to On-Demand and play it in HD/fullscreen if available. 

For example, I tuned into HBO 560  playing "F8 The Fate of The Furious" by double clicking the guide button on my remote and selecting the "Movie" icon which shows me what movies are now playing (Or what movies are coming up to play").  When I selected the "F8 The Fate of The Furious" movie, in plays in SD/letterbox and the info button says it's channel 560 HBOZW.  I then press "Restart" (to restart playing the movie from the beginning) and it takes me to channel 560 HBO, and plays from On-Demand programming in full screen HD.  Notice it says HBO.  The other channel that's SD indicates HBOZW with the same channel number 560.  But when I go to the main guide it shows channel 560 HBO both when it's playing in SD or HD.

This is very confusing and hope you guys can figure out how to correct this.  Your system also has to many different channels playing the same movies at the same time.  Very confusing to say the least.

Official Employee

Hi hbwone, 

I've sent you a private message about the ticket I had created for this. Please reach out at your convenience. I'd like to see if there were any changes made. 

Contributor

ComcastChe wrote:

Hi hbwone, 

I've sent you a private message about the ticket I had created for this. Please reach out at your convenience. I'd like to see if there were any changes made. 

Hi ComcastChe,

I sent you a private message about the ticket.  Thanks Smiley Happy