Community Forum

Programming XFINITY remote to power Sony Blue Ray DVD player

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Programming XFINITY remote to power Sony Blue Ray DVD player

SO FRUSTRATED!!!!  We are military family and in the last move we lost the remote for our Sony DVD Blue Ray player.  I assumed the Xfinity remote could be programmed to work out DVD player.  Out DVD player has NOT play buttons....so it will play but awaiting action from the user to continue to main movie...insert frustrated kids here.   I cannot program my Xfinity remote to power the Sony DVD player, I have tried all available codes....I am thinking our new Voice powered Xfinity remote is not a true universal remote.  Please advise and THANK YOU!

Official Employee

Re: Programming XFINITY remote to power Sony Blue Ray DVD player

You're right it's not a true universal remote. It's for tv and audio, that's it.
New Poster

If the X1 remote is for TV and audio only how do you control your dvd player if you no longer have the remote because previous remotes I have had have been able to advance the movie. I get the input to the correct HDMI connection but the dvd stays on main screen waiting for a selection such as in a work out video. How do I move the cursor down

Official Employee

You would need a third party universal remote to do anything with a DVD player or a replacement remote from the manufacturer