Community Forum

Problems with streaming video since I downloaded the new Silverlight

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Problems with streaming video since I downloaded the new Silverlight

Hi.  So yesterday I was given an error code that told me I must download the newest version of Silverlight in order to watch my streaming shows.  Up until yesterday I could view them just fine.  Once I downloaded the new Silverlight it kept giving me the exact same message to download Silverlight.  I finally gave up.  Then today when I logged in to try again, it was "working".... well not really.  The video playback is no longer centered and I can't make it full screen because of the way it is skewed, so I can't try to remedy that problem because it is not showing the whole video area.  This is very frustrating for a paying customer.  Does anyone have any idea what I can do to remedy this issue??? Please help!

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Problems with streaming video since I downloaded the new Silverlight

drmstar13 wrote:

Hi.  So yesterday I was given an error code that told me I must download the newest version of Silverlight in order to watch my streaming shows.  Up until yesterday I could view them just fine.  Once I downloaded the new Silverlight it kept giving me the exact same message to download Silverlight.  I finally gave up.  Then today when I logged in to try again, it was "working".... well not really.  The video playback is no longer centered and I can't make it full screen because of the way it is skewed, so I can't try to remedy that problem because it is not showing the whole video area.  This is very frustrating for a paying customer.  Does anyone have any idea what I can do to remedy this issue??? Please help!

It just sounds like your browser's view is either zoomed in or zoomed out too much. Under the view menu in your browser, choose Zoom to be "reset" or "actual size" and the video should play normally.

If you do not know how to do this, please tell me your operating system and browser settings so we can walk you through it.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Poster

I am having this issue in Google Chrome. My zoom is set to 100% but it doesn't matter what I set it to, it does not change this issue. If I right click and select view all, the playback area shrinks to about 75% of the silverlight screen and I can then see the full screen option, but when I select full screen it zooms in too much and I cannot see the whole picture.

Official Employee

southwood3641 wrote:

I am having this issue in Google Chrome. My zoom is set to 100% but it doesn't matter what I set it to, it does not change this issue. If I right click and select view all, the playback area shrinks to about 75% of the silverlight screen and I can then see the full screen option, but when I select full screen it zooms in too much and I cannot see the whole picture.

What happens when you watch this video? Seeing the same issues:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Shark-Tank/6002411599924498112/17835075909/Week-15/videos

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support