Community Forum

Problems with Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2100 series

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Problems with Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2100 series

I have a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2100 series set top cable box.  I have had multiple issues with it in the past year including problems with accessing shows on ONDemand, turning to channels like TBS and getting the message that the channel will return momentarily when in reality, it doesn't happen.  I have called COMCAST several times and had them send firmware updates to the box.  It solved the problems for a day or two but they continued to occur after that. Is there a permanent solution to my issue or does someone know how I can exchange my box for an updated one to help solve the issues?  Thanks!

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Problems with Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2100 series

It might be a signal issue to the TV outlet, and without a tech visit it's anyones guess on the signal condition at the TV outlet.

You are welcome to swap the box at your local Comcast office, try to get the newer Cisco RNG100, your's is older than the hills.  Then if you still have issues, get a tech out.