Community Forum

Problems with Reminder notices

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Most Valued Poster

Problems with Reminder notices

Since Memorial Day weekend I have been having trouble with TV show Reminders. Some work and others don't (that have been in place for a long time) Some work one day and not the next. Many have had their options changed from "Just this TV" to "all TV's". Many have had the option "New Shows" changed to New and Repeat shows and when I try to change it back to New Shows it won't take.

Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a solution to this problem? I did a hard reboot to both my DVR and the HD box in the bedroom but the problem persists.

Expert

Re: Problems with Reminder notices

@WindsurfMaui wrote:

Since Memorial Day weekend I have been having trouble with TV show Reminders. Some work and others don't (that have been in place for a long time) Some work one day and not the next. Many have had their options changed from "Just this TV" to "all TV's". Many have had the option "New Shows" changed to New and Repeat shows and when I try to change it back to New Shows it won't take.

Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a solution to this problem? I did a hard reboot to both my DVR and the HD box in the bedroom but the problem persists.

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

Having same problem with Reminder Option try chatting with agent to no avail....please fix this problem I do like this feature

Contributor

reminders not working

Frequent Visitor

Re: Reminders periodically do not work

the past month or so my reminders don't work .they show up on the guide/saced/scheduled screen but at the scheduled time no reminders pop up on screen .I've had 3 new boxes.restarted & refreshed system dozens of times .even deleted them all & reset new .still nothing .maybe occasionally a reminder will show as scheduled but then they quit again .I've spent literally hours on the phone & on messanger chat .still no one from comcast can even suggest a solution .HOW MANY OF FELLOW CUSTOMERS ARE HAVING THIS PROBLEM customer service has been useless & I'm ready to switch to fios 

Contributor

@WindsurfMaui wrote:

same issue here .1st when u choose reminder options it show all options .delete it & set to which option u want from scratch .it will work as optioned .if you go to "modify reminder" its showing the possible other options but they are set to your origional option .however like you my reminders show on the xfinity/saved/scheduled screen but DO NOT remind me at time of show.maybe once in a while it will but seldom & random below is a post I made several days ago .I was asked by "comcast phil to post it publicly .so I just did above .below is a copy of my origional post .but this forum is all new to me so I'm not sure how it works 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Reminders periodically do not work

the past month or so my reminders don't work .they show up on the guide/saced/scheduled screen but at the scheduled time no reminders pop up on screen .I've had 3 new boxes.restarted & refreshed system dozens of times .even deleted them all & reset new .still nothing .maybe occasionally a reminder will show as scheduled but then they quit again .I've spent literally hours on the phone & on messanger chat .still no one from comcast can even suggest a solution .HOW MANY OF FELLOW CUSTOMERS ARE HAVING THIS PROBLEM customer service has been useless & I'm ready to switch to fios 

Silver Problem Solver

I use this instead of Reminders:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tv-show-tracker-3/id334565283?mt=8

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Silver Problem Solver

Re: reminders not working

Several others have reported it here (do a search).  It has been escalated.

Contributor

reminders not working

I noticed that if I do a system refresh NOT RESTART the program reminders work for that day .even though the scheduled update happens as set each night .it fact the reminders SEEM to work UNTIL the nightly update .but I'm not 100% sure .I'm trying to isolate 1 by 1 why we're having reminder issues

Tags (1)
New Poster

Same problem here and worsening despite re-setting, restarting etc. Smiley Sad

Contributor

try setting reminders to 1 or 5 minutes before instead of on time 

and set to this tv only see what happens & let me know 

note delete all scheduled reminders and set as above from scratch 

Tags (1)
New Poster

Thanks, but it's less effort to get a new box and start over. There's a store pretty close to me.

Contributor

I've gone through 3 boxes now same issue with each box .but worth a shot .let us know

Contributor

I've gone through 3 boxes now same issue with each box .but worth a shot .let us know

Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

i tried everything problem on Comcast end 

Contributor

tech said its been escalated so we wait .since I refreshed system it worked all today 

Regular Visitor

Having the same issue. I've checked to see the reminders that are scheduled literally minutes before the program is supposed to start and the reminders don't come on when they should. Annoying!! I've missed several programs.  Please fix. The older system worked great.

Also, a nice feature of the previous system was the reminders staying active during the broadcast. They disappear after the program begins. I used to use the reminders to switch between multiple reminders. I miss that feature.

Official Employee

Hello all,

I addressed this issue to the engineering team by providing the current examples in this thread. I will update this thread as soon as I get a response. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Frequent Visitor

Thank You !!

Most Valued Poster

Thanks for escallating the problem up the line. For me the problem started over the Memorial Day week end. I don't know of there were any major changes made by Comcast that could have caused it.

Most of my reminders are already set for 1 minute early and just my TV but even when I cancel and reset them it hasn't fixed the problem. I also prefered the reminder that stayed on until I clicked on it because sometimes I am working on the computer and don't look up right away so having the reminder stay on until I click on it helps me not miss a show.

Contributor

I have been experimenting for the past week with various settings on the reminders. I am now down to 1 show. It is Jeopardy at 7:30 pm. I have a permanent reminder that I have cleared and reentered. I have tried 1 minute early and this TV only. It does not work. All other shows that I have set do work so far. Jeopardy does appear on the reminder list. It just does not pop up.

Contributor

an observation .if I refresh the x1 box the reminders work most of the time for that day yesterday I did not refresh & no reminders.IT SEAMS TO ME THAT THE NIGHTLY UPDATE MIGHT BE CAUSING THE ISSUE.SINCE THE SCHEDULED REMINDERS ARE SHOWING UP ON THE SAVED /SCHEDULED SCREEN I CAN ASSUME THE BOX IS WORKING BUT WE'RE NOT GETTING THE SIGNAL TO REMIND US AT THE TIME OF THE PROGRAM FROM THE SERVER. 

Contributor

same results with me .as I posted if I refresh the system the reminders seam to work normally that day .I suspect the nightly update is messing things up .try refreshing & see what happens .I set the update to mid day once & it appears the reminders worked untill the update happened .

Contributor

I just refreshed the system .I'll let you know if the reminders work the rest of today. I have several previously set .

Most Valued Poster

I checked my list of reminders (thanks, I didn't know before now that there was a way to view the reminder that are set)  and they are all there yet do not all work. Or work one day and not the next.

Contributor

try a system refresh (quickest way it to push the A button on remote you'll see the refresh option NOT RESTART)  let us know if reminders work for that day 

Frequent Visitor

Tried refresh option reminders still not working FiOS starting to look good right now ...ijs
Contributor

refreshed box this am .not 1 of the 4 reminders worked at all today .

btw my dad has fios & they dont even have reminders 

Frequent Visitor

thanks hifi459 i know about FiOS just venting so frustrated right about now
Contributor

For a while I thought the problem was just Jeopardy. Yesterday the Saturday rerun of Jeopardy did pop up but the show after that did not.

Frequent Visitor

channel selection keep switching from your channel to HD/SD preferred main problem i think

Contributor

@Brnsugabby wrote:

channel selection keep switching from your channel to HD/SD preferred main problem i think

I have noticed that but I would think it wouldn't matter.

Contributor

agreed that shouldn't matter .the x1 & x2 boxes automatically go to what that channel is carrying .standard or high def

Frequent Visitor

maybe, maybe not guess we'll have to wait and see...thanks
Contributor

its great that we're all working together here .so whatever thought comes to you to try ,try it. supposedly this has been escalated to the tech dept. so together we're  troubleshooting & eliminating what does & doesn't work. 

Official Employee

Hello all,

Thank you for sharing your troubleshooting steps and observations. The engineering team is investigating this issue. 

Big thanks for your patience! 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Frequent Visitor

teamwork makes the dream work

Contributor

at least we know its not an isolated issue or something with our individual equipment .and that its being worked on .

Contributor

thanks for the update .my gut says it might be connected to the nightly update .only because when I refresh the box it seams to work (not always ) till the next update from comcast's end .ie if I set preferences to update at 2-4 pm they work (mostly) until then then stop. when I set it to update 2-4 am (default ).the reminder in the daytime dont work .but even that is intermittent .I did notice when I refresh .when it takes 10 mins to reboot .they work (mostly) but sometimes the refresh is real quick & they reminders dont seam to work .

Official Employee

Hello all,

I haven't received any updates yet but I didn't forget about this thread. I will follow up as soon as I get any news. 

Thank you!

Contributor

thanks for the update. 

Contributor

For the past few days my reminders starting working again. Do others still have a problem?

Contributor

mine seem to be working the past few also. not confident yet .I still review my daily reminders to be on the safe side .fingers crossed 

Most Valued Poster

I see some of my reminders are working . I will start to track and see if they are all of the reminders or just the ones I cancelled and reset. Thanks

Frequent Visitor

Yes I started to notice the same thing...yeahhhh
Contributor

every one worked today .im gonna keep a week long log of results 

Official Employee

Hello all,

Changes have been made but we are still monitoring. I will greatly appreciate your feedback. Thank you all for your patience! 

Most Valued Poster

So I started to monitor the reminder notices and thought everything was back to normal until yestrerday. Now I see that if I am watching a recorded program the notice doesn't come on any more. It used to break in to let me know one of my shows was about to start. I wonder if I have to cancel and reset these reminders.

Contributor

I very seldom record but on the positive side all the week all reminders have worked .im wondering if comcast found an issue or they just started working. dont care what was wrong .just feel better knowing a reason was found & corrected .

sorry its the diagnostician in me 

Official Employee

Hello all,

We are still monitoring the issue and changes are still in the process. I will update this thread as soon as I receive more information. 

Contributor

they've been working normally for over a week now .fingeres crossed 

thanks for the update