Community Forum

Poor design of voice remote with X1 features

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Poor design of voice remote with X1 features

In addition to the voice remote being too heavy for a remote of that size.  I frequently use pause of Live TV.  I was watching a program.  I paused because I had to make a phone call at a certain time.  To save time when I went back to finish watching my show, I fast forwarded through commercials.  The fast forward and rewind controls should not have been put right next to the channel button.  My fat finger hit the bottom of the channel button while trying to fast forward.  Once the channel got changed I could't go back to the program I was watching, at least to the time that I wanted to go back to.  I did set to record the program as a backup.  Now I have to wait until the show is over before I get to go back and watch the rest of my program. The fast forward and rewind controls should not have been put right next to the channel button, since the channel button cancels the paused program.

Expert

Re: Poor design of voice remote with X1 features

dandolgin7 wrote:

In addition to the voice remote being too heavy for a remote of that size.  I frequently use pause of Live TV.  I was watching a program.  I paused because I had to make a phone call at a certain time.  To save time when I went back to finish watching my show, I fast forwarded through commercials.  The fast forward and rewind controls should not have been put right next to the channel button.  My fat finger hit the bottom of the channel button while trying to fast forward.  Once the channel got changed I could't go back to the program I was watching, at least to the time that I wanted to go back to.  I did set to record the program as a backup.  Now I have to wait until the show is over before I get to go back and watch the rest of my program. The fast forward and rewind controls should not have been put right next to the channel button, since the channel button cancels the paused program.

you can watch a recording while at home and rewind it wihtout waiting for it to finish (using your set top box).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!