Community Forum

Poor X1 DVR options.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Contributor

Poor X1 DVR options.

I swear, the way the DVR function (and the guide itself) is programmed, you'd think that these were brand new technologies that didn't exist until last year.

I'm having an issue with a show that's on two different channels.. I want to DVR every episode of it, but the X1 DVR locks you into a single channel per show.. If there is a show on DIY and at another time completely (and a completely different episode) on HGTV, you cannot record both.. It will only recognise the channel you set last.

Why? What is the point of this?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Poor X1 DVR options.

Actually I think there is a way to do this. I just tried it with Jimmy Fallon. I would think if you changed the record settings to new and repeats episodes then set it to HD preferred or SD preferred instead of the default "this channel only" it would do what you want.

Also if you used the search function to find the show it would give you all of the listings. You could record them from there.

@Uriel_Dagda wrote:

I swear, the way the DVR function (and the guide itself) is programmed, you'd think that these were brand new technologies that didn't exist until last year.

I'm having an issue with a show that's on two different channels.. I want to DVR every episode of it, but the X1 DVR locks you into a single channel per show.. If there is a show on DIY and at another time completely (and a completely different episode) on HGTV, you cannot record both.. It will only recognise the channel you set last.

Expert

@Uriel_Dagda wrote:

if you have access to a smart phone/tablet the xfinity remote app will allow you to make that change (any channel).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

The problem is, when I go to set up recording for the new one, it won't even let me select the channel.. One is HD the other is SD.

I can choose DIY, SD preferred, HD preferred or HGTVD... But I can't set up DIY and HGTVD individually for long term recording.  Once I choose one, it overrides the other.

It looks like the only way I can do it (haven't tested it yet) is to set up DIY to record them all, and set the HGTVD ones by hand every week.

Official Employee

What's the show you are having issues with?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

@Uriel_Dagda wrote:

The problem is, when I go to set up recording for the new one, it won't even let me select the channel.. One is HD the other is SD.

I can choose DIY, SD preferred, HD preferred or HGTVD... But I can't set up DIY and HGTVD individually for long term recording.  Once I choose one, it overrides the other.

It looks like the only way I can do it (haven't tested it yet) is to set up DIY to record them all, and set the HGTVD ones by hand every week.

First, on the X1 I first scheduled new and repeat, HD preferred. Then i'm using my iphone app xFinity TV Remote, I selected the DVR i'm watching, the 'more ...' last tab on the bottom, DVR Manager, Priority Manager, find program, hit 'modify'. On that do Record: 'New and repeats", and under Channels to Record: "All channels". 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Contributor

The show is Holmes Makes It Right.

Regular Contributor

If you select either the HD preferred or SD preferred option, it will record on both channels.

ComcastThomas