Community Forum

Playback Error:: 8001 (Ipad) & Unhandled error:: 106000 (Android)

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

Playback Error:: 8001 (Ipad) & Unhandled error:: 106000 (Android)

It seems we're finally getting some posts about these ongoing playback error issues. I've consistently experienced so many issues and errors with my services that I stopped reporting to forums as it's done little good. Nevertheless, on Ipad I've frequently experienced "Playback Issue:: 8001" ("We're sorry, but we are not able to access this video stream - Please try another channel or program"). I have the X1 Platform service (Technically, X2 Platform as DVR recordings are also saved on the Cloud in my market) -- The 8001 error mostly occurs with recordings which are saved on the cloud but no longer exist on my actual DVR (I've had countless receiver/equipment replacements) - Now, the point of having the X2 Cloud Technology is a means of mobile access to customer DVR recordings and more importantly, so that customers no longer lose their recordings due to DVR receiver technical failures/replacements -- While most of these errors are for programs not saved on my current DVR; I've also noticed on occasion that there have been 8001 Playback Errors with programs that do currently exist on my DVR as well.

The error appears to be directly related to Apple/IPad devices -- Upon trying to access those same recordings on Android Devices results in an error of it's own: "Unhandled error:: 106000 Something has gone wrong". It seems an error code exists for the problematic recording/program on each respective platform.

The Comcast®/Xfinity™ Web/Mobile/Application Team should investigate and ideally correct the issue, but given my previous experiences I'm not hopeful. We'll see...

Thanks. 

Contributor

Re: Playback Error:: 8001 (Ipad) & Unhandled error:: 106000 (Android)

No one from Comcast® wants to offer opinion or assistance on this widespread issue? In addition to the above mentioned errors (also with respect to the Xfinity™ TV App on Ipad), I've experienced a new error since my OP. Playback Issue :: 101000 "A DRM error has occurred. Please try restarting the video stream." Restarting the recording does not correct the issue.

Like the 8001 error, the 101000 occurred with a recording on the cloud that no longer exists on my current X1 DVR (as the DVR in which it was originally recorded has been replaced due to multiple failures.

Research, follow-up, and solution would be appreciated.

Problem Solver

These are user to user forums. Most times you will not get a response from an official Comcast support member. My only suggestion to you is to go into Settings on the Xfinity TV app and find the Feedback link and click it. Then post your issue there to at least send the issue to the app developer.  Post Feedback everyday if you continue to experience the issue. Maybe they will get the point. Good luck.

New Poster

I've experienced all the same errors and never gotten a way to actually fix it.