Community Forum

Pixilation

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Official Employee

Re: Pixilation

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.

Regular Visitor

Pixilation

I am getting fed up with picture pixilation and channel dropout that has restarted and getting worse. It occurs mainly on FOX News and Nat Geo HD channels, not CNN??? I have one older Motorola cable box and four small TV adapter boxes. I’ve had three service calls regarding this problem. The first service technician claimed that it was probably due to external cable damage caused by squirrels and would arrange to have it replaced. It has never been done although I’ve mentioned it on subsequent service calls.

The second technician added an amplified splitter for all the cable boxes and suggested that I replace the internal cabling. I changed the cabling to all boxes with triple-shielded coax and tightened all connectors with a wrench. It was okay for several months. It has now started again. I do not know if it is a coincidence or so, but it came back after I noticed a Comcast crew working on a pole 150 feet away towards the signal source.

The recent technician was no help.

This same problem occurs on Comcast equipment installed in relatives’ homes located in the next town and in the next state. I’ve noticed a lot of complaints online about pixilation and dropout problems. This appears to be a recurring problem that Comcast has not addressed.

Now during the time of heavy pixilation, my internet & phone service drop out until communication with the service provider is restored.

I also disabled the Public WiFi per comments on an Xfinity forum. Another comment on the forum is to request a line-service crew not an in-house technician. Any help from Comcast or others would be appreciated.