Community Forum

Picture tiling, no internet, no phone all out at same time

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Picture tiling, no internet, no phone all out at same time

More than 6 times in the past 10 days we have had to reset our modem due to service issues. The tv picture will start tiling and completely stop on multiple channels. At the same time the internet and phone go out. I know this is not a 'loose connections' or other problem in my home. The same problems happened to my mom and she lives an hour away.
So tired of this issue. Comcast has the money to fix these issues. What gives, Comcast?
Official Employee

Re: Picture tiling, no internet, no phone all out at same time

You need to call in for a tech visit, your modem is out of spec, which would explain why you are continually resetting it.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

You might even want to just skip the tech visit and go to your local service center and trade or the modem. I only have internet with xfinity but was having a single problem. I play world of warcraft and I started getting disconnected from the game all the time. Five or more times a day. It was odd though because I listened to Pandora at the same time and that never cut out. I assume that didn't cut out because it is buffered where WoW is not. What I did first, every time WoW disconnected, was a traceroute. Every time I had a packet loss at the modem and sometimes at one of Comcasts server points (whatever those are called). I called comcast. We went through the usual trouble shooting. They sent a tech out. Now not to be mean to the tech guy, but they are just like dumb terminals. He tested the modem...ok. He checked the box outside, he changed a filter...ok. He put new connectors on all the wires...ok. If it persists give us a call back...we'll try again, ugh. Well it did persist. Actually it never stopped. So after a few more traceroutes and packet loss at the modem every time...hmmmm. I'm no genius but this want that difficult to figure out. I didn't call back. I went straight to the service center and traded out the modem. Took it home. Hooked it up. Problem solved. Good luck with your problem however you decide to go about it. I hope you get it fixed.
Official Employee
Moved:

New Poster

S0a00 Error code: TV stopes working and pixilated, phone gos dead, internet goes out.

This has been happening for a couple weeks and happen today around 4pm while watching and On Demqnd program. Do I need to turn in our modems and cable box and g new ones? Connections are not loose.
Gold Problem Solver

Re: S0a00 Error code: TV stopes working and pixilated, phone gos dead, internet goes

S0A00 messages are generated by the cable box when the signal for the channel you are trying to watch is not usable. This might be because of incorrect account settings at Comcast or a bad box, but is most likely due to a poor connection between the box and Comcast's network. With digital service the picture doesn't slowly become more and more snowy like it did with analog. Instead, tiny changes in signal strength and/or noise level can cause channels to go from a good picture to a bad picture to no picture.

If you can't find the problem, call them at the phone number on your bill or 1-800-Comcast and ask them to check the account setup and send a refresh signal to the box. If they can't fix the problem during the phone call have them send a tech out to identify the cause and correct it. If the tech finds bad coax, splitters, or connections in your home you'll probably have to pay for the visit unless you have their Service Protection Plan (http://www.comcast.com/spp/, about $4/mo). If the trouble is due to a faulty Comcast cable box/DVR or anything outside, you shouldn't be charged.