Community Forum

Picture blacks out

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Picture blacks out

I just had all new equipment put in my condo. The latest DVR was installed in my living room. The problem is every now and then the picture blacks out for about 8 seconds. This happens on all channels including on demand. It's continuous every few minutes or sometimes longer in between blackouts. I changed inputs and hdmi cables and it still occurs. It doesn't happen to my other tv in the bedroom. I have a Plasma tv so the  only answer is it's the new DVR box or my tv. But since my tv has never done this before and it only started with the new installation I conclude it's the box. By the way I did the troubleshooting that the online sight told me to do. Turning off the unit and unplugging the  box and waiting 30 seconds or more and then turning it back on.

Help,

Bill 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Picture blacks out

It is the box, keep swapping it for another until you get one that works.

Official Employee

billclay49 wrote:

I just had all new equipment put in my condo. The latest DVR was installed in my living room. The problem is every now and then the picture blacks out for about 8 seconds. This happens on all channels including on demand. It's continuous every few minutes or sometimes longer in between blackouts. I changed inputs and hdmi cables and it still occurs. It doesn't happen to my other tv in the bedroom. I have a Plasma tv so the  only answer is it's the new DVR box or my tv. But since my tv has never done this before and it only started with the new installation I conclude it's the box. By the way I did the troubleshooting that the online sight told me to do. Turning off the unit and unplugging the  box and waiting 30 seconds or more and then turning it back on.

Help,

Bill 

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. I have asked a colleague to review your account and reach out to you so that we can get any underlying issues identified and resolved.

Thanks for your patience.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Admin1

Hello billclay49,

I sent some new signals and did a refresh on the box. If the problem is still present after an hour, you would need a tech to come look everything over. Let me know if this resolved your issue.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Gold Problem Solver

I realize this thread is now a few days old however I just had this happened to me. The X1 DVR in question is connected to about a four year old Sharp LED.

Toggling the picture to 1080i and then back to 1080p fixed it for me.

billclay49 wrote:

Help,

Bill 

New Poster

I had the same issue. Checked my X1 settings and the display was set to 1080i. (Didn't realize it was set to this) When I switched it the "best available option" resoultion, the problem stopped. 

Expert

closing year-old thread

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.