Community Forum

Picture Quality

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Expert
Moved:

Re: Picture Quality

Expert
Moved:

promoting to separate thread, closing year old thread.

Expert

thestalk wrote:

eventhough we have no hd yet a poor quality picture were missing half a picture on half your channels all due to a surge which came from your wires on the outside lines that ..scre.wed.. things up weeks ago,you cant even fix the problem.whats that make you!supose its just a waste of my time just trying customer service,their nothing but bad excuses!if something happened in the area,just admit it!

are you using an HD capable television set? If so, what is the model number. are you connected to the television via a coax cable, audio/visual cables, or by an HDMI cable? 

go to TV which broadcasts only 4:3 pictures. If your TV is a 4:3 SD device it will be full screen top/bottom and left right. If your device is an HD device it will show the image with full top to bottom and bars filling in the left and right edges of the picture. 

what do you see? can you capture an image of the '1/2 picture' you stated above?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
New Poster

eventhough we have no hd yet a poor quality picture were missing half a picture on half your channels all due to a surge which came from your wires on the outside lines that ..scre.wed.. things up weeks ago,you cant even fix the problem.whats that make you!supose its just a waste of my time just trying customer service,their nothing but bad excuses!if something happened in the area,just admit it!

Problem Solver

As a former Directv customer I can say my picture quality with Comcast has been great. I like X1 a lot although it can be signal sensitive. You can try Comcast for thirty days to see if you like it. I may be moving back to Directv when AT&T completes the Gigapower upgrade in my area. But I have few complaints since I have had Comcast. 🙂

Silver Problem Solver

dmoore2145 wrote:

I know I can but not if the picture is inferior.

Guess I will wait until the Xi6 box is available. That should bring the picture quality up to Directv, yes?

Based on what I have read here, there is no way to tell because some poeple said X1 was as good as DirectTV.

And there are a LOT of variables when referring to a box that may not be out for a year or two more.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Contributor

I know I can but not if the picture is inferior.

Guess I will wait until the Xi6 box is available. That should bring the picture quality up to Directv, yes?

Silver Problem Solver

You could save some money with a Comcast bundle. Call and ask.

Contributor

Thanks for your imput.

I'm having a problem justifying $79.00 Comcast internet and $145 Directv per month and that does n ot include premium channels.

Gold Problem Solver

Even though I have X1 and for the most part I like it... it is fairly common knowledge that DirecTV has better picture quality than Comcast does. I doubt any upcoming X1 boxes will change that. I have mentioned this many times before in this forum... if anyone is curious about how Comcast's picture quality stacks up they can always spend a few $$$ and buy an HDTV antenna and then compare "Over the Air" broadcasts to Comcast.

At this point, Comcast has been extremely vague and very secretive about their future cable boxes. However there has been hints and suggestions that Comcast values HDR capability more than 4K (obviously they should value both). Rumors suggest the next box (Xi5) will be wireless and HDR but not 4K.

Considering your TV is 4K capable but not HDR capable, Comcast may not be your best fit.

I just bought and installed a 65" LG OLED in my main system and the picture is so doggon good that I am reconsidering all of my future plans.

dmoore2145 wrote:

How does Comcast with their x1 platform compare to directv in picture quality.

Will the Xi6 box, weh  it comes out, improve picture quality.

I have a 79" Sony 4k tv and want the best picture available

Silver Problem Solver

Any HD cablebox, properly connected and with a good signal, will provide an excellent picture. There is very little 4K programming available from anyone now.

Contributor

Picture Quality

How does Comcast with their x1 platform compare to directv in picture quality.

Will the Xi6 box, weh  it comes out, improve picture quality.

I have a 79" Sony 4k tv and want the best picture available