Community Forum

Parental Controls on SHO Anytime

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

Parental Controls on SHO Anytime

I am unable to access content on SHO anytime.
It says Parental Controls have been set for this account. Content exceeds maximum allowed rating.
Who set the controls?
Why are they different from HBOgo and MAX go?
Why have I spent 45 minutes
on Comcast chat trying to resolve this?
Why do I send them $180 a month?
Why, why, why?
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Parental Controls on SHO Anytime

Is this in the Showtime app?  Have you checked the settings in that app to see if there are parental controls set? 

Contributor

Sharon, thank you for confirming my opinion that no one at Xfinity/Comcast has a clue about this.
Three chat sessions, a phone call and a forum post (this one) would have me back where I started.
I was told that I'd probably changed the settings, but the tech couldn't direct me to where I might have done that to undo it.
I was told my PIN number was wrong???
I was told I needed a wired computer connection to fix this.
I was told that the settings simply could not be different between HBO GO to SHO Anytime.
Now twenty hours later I'm asked if SHO Anytime is the Showtime app?
Sharon, you asked if I've checked the settings in the app. I can say that to the best if my knowledge I don't believe there are parental control settings within the app. If there are, you or someone at Xfinity should be able to direct me to them, rather than asking me if I've checked them, without looking yourself.

BTW, I've fixed the problem. It took less than one minute
An hour of chat with Xfinity didn't provide a fix; 15 minutes on the phone didn't, and this forum post didn't.
The fix is simple enough for an Xfinity tech support person to understand and maybe even share.
But rather than risk you folks from harboring this info, I'll post the fix to any non-Xfinity poster to this forum. Just ask in the forum and I'll reply.
Contributor

Did Comcast really send me an email asking if you'd solved my problem with your reply?
Yep. They did.
Contributor

Topic: Parental Controls on SHO Anytime
Date: Wed Jul 02 13:44:40 PDT 2014

Did it solve your problem?

Click here to view the reply and mark one as an Accepted Solution.

You Comcast folks sent me the above in an email.
It directs me back to the forum to "mark one as an "Accepted Solution".
Since there is no place to mark the totally useless reply as an "Accepted Solution", you have only further diminished my low opinion of your Customer Service(?) team.