Community Forum

Pandora no sound

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Pandora no sound

My main tv has no sound from Pandora app. Other tv's ok

Expert

Re: Pandora no sound

mbustamante wrote:

My main tv has no sound from Pandora app. Other tv's ok

When you launch the X1 Pandora app does it show on the screen what is playing? did you try using the first icon at the bottom to change stations? you can search for example for Christmas and try another station.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Yes the titles show and the meter is counting. Channel change has no effect. Music change doesn't either. Just started a week or so ago. My other tv's are fine, just the one that connects to the main box. No other problems.

Expert

mbustamante wrote:

Yes the titles show and the meter is counting. Channel change has no effect. Music change doesn't either. Just started a week or so ago. My other tv's are fine, just the one that connects to the main box. No other problems.

would you run the youtube app and see if you get sound with it as a test?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

New Poster

All other apps work fine

Official Employee

Hello mbustamante, have you tried rebooting your cable box? Do you have any other sound equipment connected to your TV? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I tried different audio settings to no avail

New Poster

I have my stereo direct to x1 box.

all app (everything else) works fine except Pandora.

As a last resort I tried using tv speakers instead of stereo....bingo. Works.

Why won't Pandora play through the stereo?

Official Employee

mbustamante wrote: I tried different audio settings to no avail

Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"? I will look into your equipment on the back end and make sure everything is in proper working order. The app may have a bug or needs to be reloaded, unplugging your cable box should allow all your apps to update. If not I can send a signal to your cable box to update all of your data and apps. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I reset the box last night. No change. Have to listen through tv speakers.

Official Employee

I can send your equipment a firmware update that will update your apps in the process, can you please send me a private message with your account information?