Community Forum

Pandora app - no audio through surround sound system

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Pandora app - no audio through surround sound system

Here is my setup: x1 dvr box connected to TV via HDMI. Optical audio cable from cable box directly to surround sound system.

Here is the problem:  When I watch TV all the surround sound works fine, but as soon as I open the Pandora app, the sound no longer goes through surround sound and instead only comes out of the TV speakers.

any suggestions?  This set up has worked for years with DirecTV and their pandora app.  not sure what the issue could be unless xfinity just has the pandora app configured to not output through optical cable.

New Poster

Re: Pandora app - no audio through surround sound system

Same problem here.  Anyone know a solution?  Seems to void the value of having Pandora on your cable box.

Regular Visitor

Same issue HDMI video Optical Sound No Pandora sound / Why hasn't this been addressed 60 days is plenty of time to at least respond!!!

New Poster

Same deal. X1 optical cable to receiver. Channel programming audio works fine. However, no sound through optical cable with Pandora. Only sound through HDMI direct to TV. This sucks.

New Poster

the same here no sound, any one please respond if you found the solution

Regular Visitor

No Dolby 5.1 only 2 channel stereo L At least you get some sound if you change the sound output to stereo in the x1 setting. This still needs to be fixed…Come On!!! Fiber optics with 1950’s audio

New Poster

I too had no sound when setting up pandora. My X1 HDMI goes to my Harmon Kardon surround sound. My Harmon Kardon does all the audo video switching for all components, DVD, Stereo, X1, etc.

After reading a few posts what I determined was to use an optical cable and run directly from the X1 to my Harmon Kardon. I did not change any settings on the X1( So audio was still at "surround").

Works great and plays through my surround receiver. THis was a quick fix. For those not having an optical jack you may try the red and white RCA jack in the same matter above.

Regular Visitor

Is there a list of amps that will work with the X1? My old RCA is not one of them.
New Poster

Just had a tech come out for same issue as everyone else has posted here!

He had swapped an arris box out for another arris box and had same issue with pandora - he was convinced that it was my yamaha receiver not being able to decode it but I was 100% sure my receiver was working properly since my bluray player, ps3, htpc and x1 dvr all work properly but still no audio with pandora

I have all my components hooked into the reciever by hdmi then a single hdmi to the ARC port on my tv.

The only solution i was able to figure out was exactly what moloneysteve said.... I HAVE TO SWITCH AUDIO ON X1 FROM SURROUND TO STEREO and get pcm audio from pandora now.

Not sure if this is a Pandora issue or an xfinity issue - i cant complain if its on pandoras end since its free but if its an xfinity issue THEY BETTER FIX IT since i pay them $200/month for their service

Hope this helps someone

New Poster

That worked. Amazing, Comcast is so bad.
New Poster

This was GREAT information - Comcast is ridiculous...

Then when watching regular TV/Movies, you need to go back in and chage to surround again.

What a JOKE  

New Poster

Look at bottom of string - a guy got it right. A pain to do, because you need to go back and forth, but it DOES work.

New Poster

Comcast, any response to this issue? Thanks
Gold Problem Solver

AUGUSTINII wrote:
Comcast, any response to this issue? Thanks

Comcast is aware of the issue and a fix is forthcoming.... no time frame is given though....

-=Ray=-

New Poster

Thanks for the quick response!
New Poster

We responded by giving back their piece of junk and went with DIRECT TV

Regular Visitor

I have paid pandora and I have no issues. I run my HMDI cable from X1 to a Yamaha RX-A740 receiver and the sound switches to Dolby Pro logic II and sounds great out of my receiver. Netflix and Pandora don't put out 5.1 Digital just PCM, so if your running through your receiver for everything, TV, X1 box and Bluray you might go into your receiver settings and switch the PCM to Dolby Pro Logic. After you've made that change the reveiver should remember. It won't change anything else just instead of what played PCM will switch to Dolby Pro Logic and you'll get sound from all of the speakers and the voice will come out to center channel

New Poster

I'm going to assume that either Comcast OR Pandora released a fix to this because i no longer have  an issue with it & this post is almost a year old!

Gold Problem Solver

1 1/2 Year Old Thread being Closed