Community Forum

Pace ABL v1.17

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Pace ABL v1.17

I seem to be stuck like some other customers.

What's incredibly annoying is that while this experience has been shared by other customers, the customer "service" people have NO CLUE about what to do.

I spent 5 minutes explaining to the woman on the other end why unplugging my HDMI cable wasnt going to get the X1 DVR box to finish downloading the software.  She kept saying "but you've got no picture".  Ugh.

So my cable has been out for 4 days due to repeated "Give it 24 hours to reset" phone calls and finally I have to wait yet another 5 days for a tech to come out.

Expert

Re: Pace ABL v1.17

@cstreit wrote:

I seem to be stuck like some other customers.

What's incredibly annoying is that while this experience has been shared by other customers, the customer "service" people have NO CLUE about what to do.

I spent 5 minutes explaining to the woman on the other end why unplugging my HDMI cable wasnt going to get the X1 DVR box to finish downloading the software.  She kept saying "but you've got no picture".  Ugh.

So my cable has been out for 4 days due to repeated "Give it 24 hours to reset" phone calls and finally I have to wait yet another 5 days for a tech to come out.

Where do you see "ABL v1.17"? screen shots can be posted free and a link copied/pasted here at imagepost.org (free). 

If you still have a short coax cable connect it to your TV from the cable box. that way you can always change to 'antenna' input on the tv to see the cable set top box video.

you state that ABL v1.17 has been shared by other customers but I was not able to find such. You said you called customer service did you call the dedicated X1 support center at 877-896-8678 ? 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Valued Contributor

Cstreit, we are looking at your box right now. I'll give you an update shortly. We are going to attempt to push the latest firmware to your box. Sorry for your frustrations and thanks for your patience!

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the tip on the cable....

Here are the other links

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/X1/PACE-ABL-V1-17-preparing-box-for-new-software-message/td-p/1851639

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/X1/X1-box-blue-screen/td-p/2125412

I did find the X-1 support number on another thread.  They are having an in-house tech call me but I'm not hopeful for a software resolution based on the other solutions I've seen..  Thanks for looking into it Neal.

Valued Contributor

Firmware is downloading now. I'll let you know when its complete. The box should reboot and things should be back to normal. Standby!

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon

Valued Contributor

You should be all set now! Please check the box and let me know what you see. Thanks, Neal

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

I see that you've fixed it, thank you!  Nice to talk to someone that gets it done!

Valued Contributor

@cstreit wrote:

I see that you've fixed it, thank you!  Nice to talk to someone that gets it done!

Happy to help!

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Well....

...it's back.  Same message.  Stuck at "Sending Registration"......

New Poster

I accidentally unplugged my DVR cable box and after several hours realized that it was unplugged and plugged it back in. I called into Comcast yesterday after seeing these messages:
Preparing your box for new software... Please wait.
Your box may automatically reset after this process.

DOCSIS status: Topology Resolution In Progress... DONE
DOCSIS status: US Parameters Acquisition... OK
DOCSIS status: Ranging In Progress... DONE
DOCSIS status: Time of Day Establishment... OK
DOCSIS status: Config File Download... DONE
DOCSIS status: Registration In Progress..
DOCSIS status: Operational... OK

Nothing works on this box now. It just stays in this screen.

They are sending a tech out tomorrow.