Community Forum

PXD01ANI - Too many masters?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

PXD01ANI - Too many masters?

I'm writing from a position of ignorance here, but want to throw something out there in the hopes that someone more knowledgeable than I can straighten me out.

I've got five cable boxes:

- One SX022ANM

- Two PXD01ANI

- One PR150BNM

- One PX013ANM

The two PXD01ANI boxes are essentially useless, as they are always freezing, pixelating, buffering, and generally providing the worst service I've ever seen. 

I'm wondering, however, if the problem isn't the PXD01ANI boxes themselves, but rather the fact that I might have too many master boxes in my home. I believe that the PXD01ANI boxes are supposed to be slaves to another box, ideally the SX022ANM, but that they're seeing more than one master on the network, and they don't know which one to bind to, and so just freeze up instead.

Does this make sense? Should I swap out the PR150BNM and PX013ANM for two more PXD01ANI boxes, or should I return the two PXD01ANI boxes and request two replacements for them? It seems weird that both would be defective, but I suppose that's not impossible.

Thanks.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: PXD01ANI - Too many masters?

I don't know which boxes those are but I swapped out two RNG150's for two XG2's.  The RNG150 does not have the features the newer boxes have.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-hub-vs-companion-box

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Other than Roberts suggestion, unplug all 5, plug in the dvr and let it go to live tv, then the XG2, then the 2 xid, then the RNG150. That’s to re-establish that they will talk to the proper box if they aren’t already. Presently all moca levels are in spec

Swap the RNG150 for an XG2. The RNG150 has less features
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Regular Visitor

Thanks for the advice, ComcastAndrew, but restarting them in the order you specified didn't seem to solve my problem.

Next step will be to pack up all five and take them to the local Comcast store, see what they have to say.

Official Employee

Hi @someguyinva

Sorry to hear the steps provided above did not help for you. If it's more convenient for you, I can have a tech come out with new boxes for you, or I can have them shipped to your address. In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, the phone number, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.