Community Forum

PLEASE ADD BEIN SPORT USA

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Re: PLEASE ADD BEIN SPORT USA

Any word on when beinsport English will be added in Bloomington, Indiana (near Indianapolis)? Will beinsport en espanol still be available once the English version is added?
New Poster

How about Seattle?  I've been watching the forum and waiting for months, and all I ever see for BEin on my TV is "Not Authorized."  I'm looking forward to La Liga in HD, but really, I get the impressions that it'll be years in the coming.

Frequent Visitor

As for Seattle see this conversation I had with ComcastTeds:

@usaworldcup wrote:

Hi,

I was told by a Comcast representative that beIN Sports USA (the English language beIN channel) wouldn't be available in Seattle until the 2nd quarter of 2013. Do you have any information on this?

I'm hoping that I was misinformed by this representative.

Thanks for your help! 

Yes, that timeframe of Q2 2013 is currently correct. Seattle is one of the final areas listed to get this channel. Apologies for the delay.

New Poster

Hi - For reasons I don't understand, in the Boston area BeIN Sport now seems to be available ONLY in Spanish.  I bought it as part of the sports entertainment package in English - and had the English version for roughly a week in late 2012.  However, it's now in Spanish only on channel 726.  Have called the comcast folks on three separate occasions, and they claim it's a Spanish only station (I know in fact it's not - my TV image indicates there are English and Spanish commentators for the La Liga games).  Nevertheless, Comcast for Boston indicates that the channel is now available only in Spanish and as part of the multilingual - Latino package.  I wish my Spanish was good enough to follow the commentary, but alas it is not.

My question is do other locales in the US have BeIN Sport from Comcast i English?

Thanks,

Frequent Visitor

Comcastteds can u please tell us how to formally request new channels in hd like bein hd ESPN deported hd fox deported hd etc my closed Comcast center has no phone I can call and there is no website that handles with channel requests
Official Employee

@jb2012 wrote:
Comcastteds can u please tell us how to formally request new channels in hd like bein hd ESPN deported hd fox deported hd etc my closed Comcast center has no phone I can call and there is no website that handles with channel requests

The Comcast programming teams and local management teams constantly evaluate programming choices and make decisions based on customer interests, costs, channel bandwidth management and contractual obligations.

The Comcast employees who participate in these forums certainly pass along your collective feedback, interests and concerns to those teams. Apologies if I did not state that previously.

As with any business, situations may change based on customer demand, channel bandwidth opportunities, business opportunities, costs and contractual obligations.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Atlanta GA has already been added since Jan. 22 on channel 294 in stardard.
Contributor

DirecTV, Dish, Time Warner and Brighthouse all are having beIN HD except Comcast!!!
New Poster

What are my options for viewing BeIn in the Aurora, IL (60506) area? Is it presently only available as part of the Multi Latino Pagackage?

Contributor

Easy fix for me as I went to Dish for beIN HD. Football in HD is much more better. This is 2013. Everywhere around the globe are watching football in HD.
Contributor

Agreed. We NEED Bein Sport in HD! DirectTV, DISH, and others already offer these channels in HD. This is just crazy!

Frequent Visitor

Still nothing in Seattle???????(only spanish). 

New Poster

I'm a new subscriber and can't believe they don't have the English version of BeIN Sports in Minneapolis. As an Arsenal fan I might have to rely on this channel to watch us in the Europa League next season! Sort it out Comcast or Xfinity or whatever you're calling yourselves this week.

New Poster

VERY MUCH need BeIN in HD in ATL...please and THX.  Sad letter box feed currently Smiley Sad

New Poster

Please add the online version of bein sports ASAP.

New Poster

It's sad that Comcast at the beginning when Bein Sport was out said they would have it in HD and stream online soon and matte of months. Well it's been a few months now and their response is "no ETA at this time".

Unbelievable when other cable or satellite providers have had HD since the release of the channel and now streaming online. Comcast is way behind their competitors and really don't asure their customers that they are working on this and come up with an ETA.

If Bein Sport isn't in HD by the start of the 2013-2014 season, I am going to cancel. Bein sport has responded since the beginning that they have provided the HD fee for free to Comcast but Comcast has failed to show it in that fee.

New Poster

Could COMCAST explain why they don't serve Bein Spot in HD in Seattle?

I feel ripped off and very much in need of a change of server.

New Poster

So here we are.... halfway through 2013 and still no BeIn Sports in the largest caucasion-centered soccer market in the USA.... Seattle. Comcast, this is arrogance to the extreme. I have missed US qualifiers, I'm missing the Toulon Tournament currently, and I will continue to miss qualifier until you put BeIn Sports on. This is absurd. When you are forced by congress to give us cafeteria selections, I will dance on your grave every day the rest of my life. Corporations...... deserve to die. 

New Poster

Called Comcast today in a quest to add BEIN Sport, online people took 30 minutes to tell me it is not available in my area. Nice. June 2013. I'm tweeting this next!

New Poster

Shocking that Seatttle does not have bein sport usa yet?   No live showing of WORLD CUP QUALIFIER for Seattle Comcast customers.  Red Card for Comcast.

New Poster

Today is the second time we could not watch the USA vs. Jamaica game. We or on this Indianapolis, IN feed. BeIN TV Sucks and so does American media. We can watch Mexico whenever they play anyone, but our own national team we cannot! This sucks! Soccer fans let Comcast know if you missed a what I think sounded like a good game! We should be able to see our national team when they play in a world cup qualifier or important game!

New Poster

I am a long-time Comcast customer but am giving serious thought to changing providers due to the lack of responsiveness on what is an obviously important issue to Pacific NW soccer fans. US Men's National team World Cup Qualifiers only available on a Spanish language version of this station, and at that it is only available with the Spanish language package? I'm already getting the sports package and the BeIN Sport English version (or at minimum the Spanish version) should be included with that group. In the alternative either or both networks should be offered a la carte. I think if this is offered by Comcast (and properly advertised as an option) you will be surprised at the extent of the demand for this product.

New Poster

BeIn Sport TV in English and HD by the beginning of the upcoming season

The subject line says it all. BeIN Sport needs to be available in English and in HD for the beginning of the upcoming European club season. I've read through this thread and I see complaints dating back more than a year. Why is it taking so long, Comcast?

Frequent Visitor

Do you guys think Comcast folks are reading this? I appreciate them adding BeIN relatively quickly to the lineup.

I actually have 2 BeINs here in Denver (channels 312 and 41) that show different programming sometimes. And it's awesome.

However, not having them in HD is really a disadvantage. Especially to my buddies who have DirecTV and BeIN has been available in HD there since the very beginning.

I am not giving up hope yet.

New Poster

Hey Comcast,

Any updates on when the English version of beIN Sports will come to Seattle? I thought that it was promised months ago and still nothing. This is getting pathetic...

Contributor

Hey guys,<br>Now to add insult to injury Dish has access to bein sport play. We are really treated like s... by Comcast. They love to renege on a promise to provide more sports than anyone else. Liars!
Frequent Visitor

PLease give us access to Bein sport PLAy so we can watch any program we want on our PC. you do it fo HBo , why not for Bein Sport?

So tired of this BS.......

New Poster

please add BeinsportPlay!!!! for subscibers

why does everything with Comcast have to be so painful?

New Poster

Please add another SportsPackage paying customer to the list of subscribers that want Bein Sport in HD and access to http://www.beinsportplay.tv . 

New Poster

It's absolutely hilarious that every other major cable provider in the U.S. has beIN Sport in HD except for Comcast.  

I'm going to give them a few more phone calls and another week or 2 until I just switch to DirectTV, Dish, or Verizon.

And yes the streaming service would be nice too... http://www.beinsportplay.tv/

New Poster

Comcast/Xfinity,

PLease add BEIN Sport in HD. Tonight the national team of the United States is playing in a World cup qualifying match and because the only BEIN currently being provided is in Spanish we cannot watch it live.  Are you kidding me!?!? Add this channell NOW!!!

Contributor

I live in Seattle and pay for a sports package but all I get is the spanish feed of BeIN, so no US Costa Rica.  Just spent 30 minutes with a COMCAST rep and they couldn't understand that there were two feeds and why it mattered.  Maybe they will understand when I switch to DISH so I can watch the US feed.  Why pay a premium price for a second rate product?

Gold Problem Solver
Moved:

post by matucoor removed

Forum Guidelines

(which everyone should read before making his/her first post) state

Please Don't

2. Use Profanity

Please keep your posts clean. Our forums have an automated profanity filter to block out inappropriate language. Please do not circumvent it by finding colorful ways to approximate or disguise those words. If you are caught trying to bypass the filters in any way, your posting privileges may be revoked.

Regular Visitor

Since we pay we should have it!

Contributor

I Hate This

How do I delete this from my comcast,I don't know what it is,I don't care and I like MLB ..Ditto

New Poster

PLEASE ADD BEIN SPORTS IN HD PLEASE I NEED TO SEE LA LIGA IN HD

i will give comcast 30 days from now since , if the channel is not added in HD by the end of November i will switch to Verizon Fios.

New Poster

thank you for the info. I am definitely going to direct TV. good Reddens comcast, cant wait to leave 

New Poster

I want to add a channel (bein sport Spanish) and when I asked Comcast to add it told me the cost is( $ 70) and the(bein sport English) channel also does not transfer all Serie A matches and the Spanish do not know why, but is there a solution to add channel (bein sport spaineh) only? I hope to help me if there was one knows the answer

Contributor

any updates on that? some guy posted that we will get the channels bein in HD, bein spanish in HD and foxsports 2 in HD.  Any truth to that?  Also i read that we will FINALLY have access to beinsportplay...it is about time!!!

New Poster

Thanks to everyone for assisting me but I am interested in the channel (beIN Sport En Espanol) and also it does not work on the website XFINITY and I can not add I do not know why, I think it will be canceled with a contractual COMCAST will I go with to DIREC TV .

and the  channel is work in first time  installation service on the first day on the website and then stopped broadcasting and when I want to run it asks me to subscribe to it, but I do not know why I can not subscribe to it and run it on the site XFINITY

Frequent Visitor

Based on thier match selection we all know that BEIN sports is a joke but Comcast likes to pride itself on being one of the best media companies in the world.  Their coverage of the world's game is a joke.  BEINSPORTPLAY is eighty percent of BEIN's content and the fact that such a large company can't make a deal is really frustrating.  NO other company has had to pay a fee but i would be willing to for the extra content.  And while I am here sports in Standard Definition should be illegal in 2014 especially when you consider some of the hd channels you do offer.

New Poster

Moving to a new home next weekend - need to know if BeIn Sport is offered in HD by Comcast. Otherwise, I'm going with DirecTV. Thanks.

New Poster

can someone pleaase tell me which provider has BEIN channel in HD so that I can switch to?

New Poster

Please add BeIn Sports in HD

I'm a long time Comcast customer.  Tomorrow will be played what is arguably the greatest rivalry in any sport: Real Madrid v. Barcelona.  Unfortunately, I won't be able to enjoy this game in High Definition because BeIn Sports is not shown in HD through Comcast.  This is inexplicable and extremely disappointing.  Please, consider adding this channel to your HD lineup immediately!

New Poster

Re: Please add BeIn Sports in HD

please guys add this channel in HD.

New Poster

Sports are more important than other type of programming to have broadcasted in HD.  If Lifetime dropped their HD feed, I don't think my wife would complain too much.  Barcelona is my favorite team and it's a shame that the only time I can watch them in HD is when they play in the Champions League on Fox.

New Poster

And you can only see Champions League on FS1 HD.  Comcast doesn't carry FS2 HD anywhere.

Champions League quarterfinals start next week, and if half the games are on FS2, then we will only be able to watch half of the very best club soccer in the world.

Frequent Visitor

You guys offer garbage like outdoor channel and shopping channels in HD but not Bein sport? I seriously fail to see the justification in that.

But I am glad that I can watch spear fishing in HD but not some of the best football teams in the world.......

Thanks Comcast. Thank you so much for that.
Frequent Visitor

I agree. It's laughable to say that putting this channel in HD will eat up too much bandwidth when there are so many other channels with less viewership, and thus less money, that are offered in HD. This is Comcast being a spoiled brat. I'll say it again, there aren't enough of us (soccer fans) to make the fuss required to get anything to happen. If this was a channel that had the NFL, NBA or MLB then Comcast would get killed. The only solution is to go with fios or satellite.
Frequent Visitor

I'm also finding it quite sad that this topic has been going on for nearly two years. It seems that most areas may have access to it now but we're all having to deal with cringeworthy SD feed downgrade.

I know that Comcast doesn't actually give a rats ....about what their customers think, so I am probably wasting my time on these message boards. Getting to the beyond the fed up point, considering the amounts of money we're all constantly throwing at them.