Community Forum

PLEASE ADD BEIN SPORT USA

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Re: PLEASE ADD BEIN SPORT USA

I get BeIn Sport in Spanish with no HD.  Unfortunately, I don't speak Spanish and the non-HD video is terrible for watching soccer or cycling.

I pay extra for a sports package that does not have important sports channels.  This needs to change, one way or the other.

New Poster

I want to know why they removed bein sport USA from the Spanish package. Now I have to buy 2 packages just to have both bein channels!!!
New Poster

Where is BeIn Sport HD?? I just changed to Comcast from DirecTV and not HD?

Let's start the revolution and show Comcast that they should've taken better care of the Soccer community.

I'm creating social media pages and website to gather all the Soccer Fans. We'll give them a dateline to bring us BeIn Sport HD else we move elsewhere. 

Who's  in?

Frequent Visitor

It's unimaginable that it has taken this long and still there is no BEIN HD yet. It's sad how Comcast could care less about satisfying sports customers. Im definitely switching to Directv come nfl football season. I've had it. 

New Poster

Make Bein sports in HD!!

Frequent Visitor

Your Comcast Guarantee # 6 & 7 states you will address problems quickly and you will provide the "Best" & "Most" video choices. Though mergers and your last few Chanel realignments I have lost a considerable amount of my choices. I have seen what appears to be unmonitored forms with thousands of angry/disappointed customers asking for the same things.
What i wan't to know is when your going to live up to your guarantee and provide the following programming, FS2, MAVTV, and BEIN?
New Poster

Comcast - this is frankly a disgrace.  There is no reason to withhold BeIN sport HD other than for crass  ill-concieved anti-competitive reasons.  If the reason to withhold HD is that you think it will promote greater viewing of the NBC EPL then this is counter to logic.  The more good soccer shown (ie Liga etc..) then more of the American public will be drawn into watching soccer, and all broadcasters will benefit in the medium term - ie.  'all boats benefit from a rising tide' analogy.

Another reason to give us HD is because this is the first year (I think) that England's Aviva Premiership rugby is being broadcast on BeIN.  You are massively short-changing the growing numbers of USA rugby fan's by showing this is SD.  PLEASE - Get a grip and sort out this short -sighted policy that is an insult to loyal Comcast subscribers

Diamond Problem Solver
Moved:

New Poster

I just ordered the Sports Entertainment package today to watch soccer on the BeIN channel. To my surprise the channel isn't in HD. I think this is ridiculous!!! Why wouldn't they add the HD channel???

New Poster

It also appears that the beIN Connect option is not compatible with Comcast either (it is with FIOS of course).  Every game that beIN has the rights to appears to be available for streaming online, just like NBC Sports LiveExtra, but Comcast customers do not have access. 

It's very disappointing that Comcast chooses to take this stance when dealing with beIN.  A lot of the channel's key programming (La Liga, Serie A) does not fall into the same time slots as the BPL coverage.  Unfortunately, Comcast also seems to keep its own employees in the dark on most of these issues as well.

New Poster

I would also like to add that I would also like Comcast/Xfinity to allow its subscibers into the beIN Sports Connect option!!!! There are so many extra games that are put on Connect that ARE NOT available on their channel.

Contributor

It's about time Comcast broadcasts of Bein sports USA and en español be in HD. We pay a lot of Money to them and the person who makes this decisions should be fired.
New Poster

I am very frustrated like everyone else for the NO feedback from Comcast... So no Bein HD and no Bein connect .. What are my other options besides Comcast ? Anything cheaper? .. I pay over $150 a month for cable including Sports package and Latino package (just for the sports channels even though I don't speak spanish !) but I am seriouly thinking of switching over.. what alternatives do I have ? Thanks

Regular Visitor

I find it strange that the official Comcast people on here have had no response to posts for over 8 months on here despite the fact there are tons of complaints regarding the HD version of this channel.. The fact that this thread has been going for over 2 years with no change to service is a disgrace and Comcast should be ashamed of itself. Scrolling back through the previous posts I had to chuckle to myself reading that " 

The Comcast programming teams and local management teams constantly evaluate programming choices and make decisions based on customer interests, costs, channel bandwidth management and contractual obligations.

The Comcast employees who participate in these forums certainly pass along your collective feedback, interests and concerns to those teams. Apologies if I did not state that previously.

As with any business, situations may change based on customer demand, channel bandwidth opportunities, business opportunities, costs and contractual obligations" Posted by ComcastTeds Jan 2013.... 

Ok that is over a year and a half ago... I think that an inerest has been shown by consumers and that these interests are not being passed along like they say they are.. 

Grow up Comcast and put on your bigboy pants and give the consumer what they want and more importantly PAY for...

New Poster

1403 responses to this thread and counting...It's funny that when you talk to a comcast representative about adding certain channels such as BeIN Sports the customer service representatives tell you that they are HD. This has happened with a few other channels I added in addition to BeIN Sports. When I call back days later to cancel they don't even apologize for lying. That said, BeIN Sports in SD on an 80" LCD TV looks like absolute garbage. My cable bill is almost $250/month and I only get half the NBA games I would like to see,  half the NFL games and La Liga is in standard def which is so depressing I can't even tell Neymar from Messi, cause you know, I've only got an 80-inch.

New Poster

Re: PLEASE ADD BEIN SPORT USA like ESPN

Is BeInSport in HD, and why does it have to be offered with a "sports package"

Most of us who want to watch this because of soccer care less about other sports.

It should be added as ESPN is with many of your packages.

New Poster

As with every member in this forum, I am incredibly frustrated not having HD options for beIn channels. It's time that Comcast realized that there are subscribers that watch and enjoy other sports. There are plenty of channel lineup slots to accommodate the expansion to HD. And beIn offers HD for free to all of its cable providers, so there is no legitimate excuse to not provide these services. As a loyal triple play member for a several years, and Comcast member for a decade, I demand a response from a Comcast representative to explain why these services are not being offered. It's hard enough trying to find the ability and time to follow my favorite sports from abroad. When I do sit down to watch these games, it's patently unfair that my sports needs are being given second-class status. What's the point of paying for HD services when Comcast, after years of having the ability to rectify the issue along with numerous subscriber complaints, outright refuses to offer them. The time for suggestion is gone. The time for action is now.

I propose that by the end of this year Comcast finds the time and ability to broadcast these highly demanded channels with their FREE HD counterparts. If Comcast refuses to accommodate, then we should express our displeasure with their deplorable customer service to every call center and every employee who dares to field our calls. And if a Comcast forum monitor has the wherewithal to address our grievances, please provide a substantive response as to why these channels cannot or will not be offered to your loyal customers, particularly when their is no financial obligation on your part to do so.
New Poster

Anytime now, Comcast.........
Highlighted
Contributor

It will never happen!!!

Frequent Visitor

We want BeIN Sports in HD and BeIN Sports Connect!

COMCAST, please PLEASE give us access to BeIN Sports in HD and BeIN Sports Connect! Watching soccer (or any sport for that matter) in SD is a terrible experience! We want BeIN Sports in HD! All of your competitors (Cox, Direct TV, FIOS, etc) seem to carry the channel in HD. Why not Comcast?

New Poster

Additional Soccer Channels

Hello,

How can Comcast provide additional sports channels that cover soccer?  A couple that come to mind are Fox Sports 2 and GolTV.

For example, the UEFA Champions League is being broadcast on Fox Sport 1 and Fox Sports 2.  We can only watch one of those games.

Another example, BEIN Sports only covers Spanish, Italian, French and South American leagues.  The most popular league is the German Bundesliga.  That, best as I can tell, is availabe on DirectTV, but not on Comcast.

If, Comcast cannot find ways of being flexible and offer more channels, then I foresee Comcast become nothing more than an Internet Service Provider (ISP) so that consumers are watch any channel they want to over the web.

Personally speaking, the current state of having some companies offer some channels but not others...or the only way to stream something is if you're with one company vs. another...is getting very old and not sustainable as times are changing.

I'm not interested in an answer of "its not available" or "we can't do it".  That falls into the category of B.S.  You can do it and if that means I need to be charged extra...then tell me what you want extra to get the job done!

New Poster

When will we get Bein Sport Hd - ENGLISH in the Bay Area? I know the Spanish version is there now but it's the English Channel most people are hoping for?
Is there a plan to make it available as Otherwise it's off to u-verse for me.
Contributor

@Mloughm - So, BeIN Sports (Spanish) HD is available in the Bay Area? Have you tried changing the language using the setup of your Comcast box? The video feed is the same for both, and I have found that SAP is available. In Oregon, both BeIN Sports, Eng & Span, SD, is available. But, not HD. Drives me CRAZY. It's been a couple of years since BeIN bought La Liga rights, and Comcast still isn't offering HD in Oregon. It feels like prejudice to me. I enjoy Premier League, but La Liga is HOT. If I could leave Comcast, I would.

Official Employee
Moved:

Official Employee
Moved:

Please add the Reelz channel Miss USA Pageant in Spokane

Expert
Moved:

Please add Reelz channel for the Miss USA Pageant

Contributor

PLEASE ADD THIS CHANNEL IN HD!!!!

Regular Contributor

Awesome, we can watch the English league cup in stunning 480p, just like its 1990...comcast on the cutting edge. Great job guys.

Contributor

Re: PLEASE ADD BEIN SPORT in HD "high definition"

Please add bein sport in HD HIGH DEFINITION and also add Fox Sports 2 (TWO) also in HIGH DEFINITION.

For the money we are paying every month, we should get these channels.