Community Forum

PAC-12 Live Stream (Error 634)

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

PAC-12 Live Stream (Error 634)

I'm trying to watch the PAC-12 Live Stream and keep getting Error 634. I've uninstalled Silverlight, re-installed, rebooted, and still nothing.. Am I doing something wrong?. 

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: PAC-12 Live Stream (Error 634)

Hello,

If you would have done a search in the forum you would have seen that other customers had the same problems. Maybe the admin of this forum will take a look at this.http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/Pac-12-network/m-p/1403147#M14449

New Poster

Do this:

Here are the steps to take to fix the problem:

1. Exit out of Netflix (from both your web browser and from Windows Media Center).
  2. Browse on your computer to “C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\PlayReady\”.
  3. Change the name of “mspr.hds” to “mspr.hds.old”. (In other words, you want to get rid of the mspr.hds file, and you are renaming it just so that you have a backup copy of it.)
  4. Open Internet Explorer and go to the Netflix website, log in, and start playing a streaming movie from their website (it should successfully work here now).
  5. Now you can go into Windows Media Center to stream you movies again!
  6. If you have more than one computer with the Netflix problem, then repeat this procedure for each of the afflicted computers.
New Poster

We are watching the game on our laptop. The netflix, has nothing to do with it. I don't have netflix. What now?

New Poster

For a year I tried repeatedly uninstalling and reinstalling Silverlight manually.  Finally, after being pointed to the Netflix site for a similar problem, I used Microsofts automatic "Fixit" tool, and it worked!

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2608523

Click on the Fixit icon and watch it uninstall/reinstall Silverlight.  Don't know what it does differently than a manual uninstall/reinstall, but it works!  WooHoo!

New Poster

I am yet another customer who cannot access Pac 12 but I could last weekend.  Furthermore, silverlight is fine because I have the same error on multiple computers that work fine for every other program.  Also if this many people have posted about this error I can't imagine how many other people have this problem and if this is the case, maybe you could have somebody look into this issue to solve it.