Community Forum

Other users streaming from my account?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Other users streaming from my account?

So, I was trying to use my streaming app and it told me I had hit my streaming data limit and someone had to stop before I would be able to.  I went to the manager devices page and see three people streaming who are not part of my account or even in my home.  I am also seeing shows/movies that say "recently viewed", that I've not watched and recordingsee that I've not set up.  I contacted Comcast and was told I had to have Internet from Xfinity to use the app.  I called the next day and no one can explain why this is happening but they did say I don't have to have their Internet service to use the app.  I uninstalled the app, reset my password and I'm still having a problem.   Xfinity said they'd work on it and call me back and I still haven't back.  Anyone else having this issue? 

Regular Contributor

Re: Other users streaming from my account?

Sounds like a simliar problem that was solved in this thread: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XFINITY-Stream-Website/streaming-devices/td-p/2920365

Official Employee

Rozanne26 wrote:

So, I was trying to use my streaming app and it told me I had hit my streaming data limit and someone had to stop before I would be able to.  I went to the manager devices page and see three people streaming who are not part of my account or even in my home.  I am also seeing shows/movies that say "recently viewed", that I've not watched and recordingsee that I've not set up.  I contacted Comcast and was told I had to have Internet from Xfinity to use the app.  I called the next day and no one can explain why this is happening but they did say I don't have to have their Internet service to use the app.  I uninstalled the app, reset my password and I'm still having a problem.   Xfinity said they'd work on it and call me back and I still haven't back.  Anyone else having this issue? 

I've "deprovisioned" all your devices which will require them to sign in the next time they try to access the website or apps. You may want to set up two-factor authentication to best secure your account. You can find info on doing that here:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/account/enroll-2-step-verification/

-ComcastDan

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

I too am having this issue contacted tech support and security assurance and was told that I have to create a new username and delete mine I just want whoever is using my acct with the name Lizzys Iphone off of my acct and blocked I pay for my services and its not right I am tired of seeing this person recording stuff and watching and downloading things on my stuff PLEASE HELP ME I dont know what else to do and changing my user name is not an option and certainly not fair cause someone is using my tv and app without my consent.