Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Ordering 4K XG4 box

New Poster

Ordering 4K XG4 box

Im trying to get the new XG4 4K capable box . Does anyone know if it can be ordered online? after 3 calls to customer service, they said they had them , and would ship me one. A box arrived today and it contained the same cable box I already had. Its an older version that is not 4K capable. any help would be appreciated.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Ordering 4K XG4 box

Comcast reps that you talk to over the phone cannot promise that you will receive any particular X1 box.

Supposedly the 4K was only available to new customers but it appears that has changed. However the V4 box is still somewhat rare.

I suggest that reach out to your nearest Comcast store or service center and try to arrange it there. That is what I did.
Official Employee

I’ve escalated you to a colleague to help get you what you need.
Official Employee

Hi Jreed1865, I am showing you called in after writing this post, were they able to assist getting a new XG4 4K cable box ordered?

Thank you

Regular Visitor

Hi ComcastPhill,

I need to replace my X1 DVR as it has gotten really loud (fan issue?). What can I do to ensure they send me a XG4 box as I'd like to have 4k available as well?

Jeff

Official Employee

Hi Jeff, I have responded to your private message.

Thank you

Frequent Visitor

I need one also my box gets very hot and I want this box please

Official Employee

Hi jckool44, to get a new 4k XG4 box you can go into a local Comcast service center and pick one up. We can also ship the equipment to you via direct mail, you would only have to pay shipping and handling charges associated with sending the cable box. If you would like to have the equipment shipped, please send me a private message with your account number, phone number, and the full name on your account. 

Regular Visitor

I was told by phone y’all wouldn’t have them to deliver or in store until January 

Official Employee

Coolguy323snow wrote: I was told by phone y’all wouldn’t have them to deliver or in store until January

Not all markets have the same release date for the equipment, you can call in and request the release date in your area or we can help you here online. 

Official Employee
Moved: