Community Forum

Only TV DVR tiling. live works, streaming dvr'd shows to other devices works.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Only TV DVR tiling. live works, streaming dvr'd shows to other devices works.

i found other related topics, but none that were close enough.  I have never noticed a problem in live tv.  As the title stated, my dvr'd shows stutter, blur, tile, and lose sound on my tv.  if you rewind and play the exact spot again, it has the exact same problems.  if i play that show on demand on my tv, it has no issues.  if i play the recording on my phone or tablet, there are no problems.  As i understand it (and as xfinity call center has told me) the dvr has no hard drive.  All shows are stored in the cloud.  If that is correct, i do not understand how this situation is possible.  I have rebooted the box.  i have checked all connections.   

i just bought the package and got the box this month.  this problem has happened since the beginning. 

Official Employee

Re: Only TV DVR tiling. live works, streaming dvr'd shows to other devices works.

Richard68 wrote:

i found other related topics, but none that were close enough.  I have never noticed a problem in live tv.  As the title stated, my dvr'd shows stutter, blur, tile, and lose sound on my tv.  if you rewind and play the exact spot again, it has the exact same problems.  if i play that show on demand on my tv, it has no issues.  if i play the recording on my phone or tablet, there are no problems.  As i understand it (and as xfinity call center has told me) the dvr has no hard drive.  All shows are stored in the cloud.  If that is correct, i do not understand how this situation is possible.  I have rebooted the box.  i have checked all connections.   

i just bought the package and got the box this month.  this problem has happened since the beginning. 

Richard68 wrote:

Your DVR does indeed have a hard drive. Is it every recording that breaks up? Or only recordings from certain channels?

On Demand is from a different source, so that's not a good comparison.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: Only TV DVR tiling. live works, streaming dvr'd shows to other devices works.

Ok Since there is a hard drive and cloud, I can now wrap my head around this a little better. It happens on many different channels. Some shows it won't happen at all. Some shows it happens once for like 1 second. Some it happens for many times for 10 seconds at a time. The tech just said they might come out tomorrow.
Official Employee

Hello Richard68. 

Just following up on this issue you reported. 

Did you have a technician visit? Were you able to get this resolved? 

New Poster

Hey. I've come across the same customers complaint. But unable to find the root cause of this. What was the outcome of this problem. 

Tags (1)